• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

People Who Take Ages At The Supermarket

Status
Not open for further replies.

6Gman

Established Member
He may have had mental health issues so please don't label him as "Mr OCD". His behaviour might seem "appalling" or "strange" but to them it is perfectly normal. We really need to give everyone as wide a berth as possible at this worrying and stressful time.

And, of course, OCD is a health issue.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Then don't buy a single pepper or onion. They last long enough to use a pack of 3 before they go off even if you're on your own if you plan your meals properly.

These are unusual times and require unusual measures.

Absolutely. Work out your menu for the week. Write a list based on that get your shopping done. Go home

111-111-1

Then don't buy a single pepper or onion. They last long enough to use a pack of 3 before they go off even if you're on your own if you plan your meals properly.

These are unusual times and require unusual measures.
Absolutely. Work out your menu for the week. Write a list based on that get your shopping done. Go home

Fine if you are actually going to use the increased quantity you will have to buy in wrapped form.

Wasting good food because of purchasing too much is even in these times a poor show. I accept soft fruit cannot be washed in soap and water but most can and do not need to be wrapped.

Yes I agree write a list work out what you need and only visit the shops as infrequently as possible generally once or twice a week.

111-111-1

Plan meals and you can.

Maybe in your perfect world. In my world even with freezing some meals I cannot and ended up this week wasting some food due to having to either go without of buy too much for me.

I detest wasting good food and being forced to buy too much offends my principals. With fruit and veg, and to an extent other food I use old fashioned principals to decide if it is edible not the sell by or use by date.

The_Train

Established Member
During my shop last week, I happened to find myself waiting behind a lady who was crouched towards the bottom shelf. She was there a while before she looked up and realised I was waiting and was very apologetic to which I tried to tell her not to be. Even though I had done nothing wrong, I felt bad because after she had been apologetic, she never took anything and I felt as though I had rushed her in some way. Then when I arrived at the tills I saw a 'distance marker' free at a till so I went and stood on it only to hear from behind 'excuse me, I am queuing for this till' to which I responded politely and apologetically that I hadn't seen her waiting there (she was halfway down an aisle and leaving more of a gap than the markers suggest for some reason).

In both of those instances, there was no tutting from anyone, no harsh words, no dirty looks. Everyone is feeling it at the moment, everyone is living with that worry about themselves and about friends and family so now, more than ever, is the time to be considerate and patient of others. And if you do want to nip in to grab something from a shelf and someone is in your way, just politely ask them if you can sneak in to get whatever it is - amazingly you will find that the vast majority of people will happily comply and will do so with a nice smile

111-111-1

Maybe in your perfect world. In my world even with freezing some meals I cannot and ended up this week wasting some food due to having to either go without of buy too much for me.

I detest wasting good food and being forced to buy too much offends my principals. With fruit and veg, and to an extent other food I use old fashioned principals to decide if it is edible not the sell by or use by date.
What on earth are you talking about? Just buy veg as it stands. If you are worried wash it.

You plan your meals and buy what you need. No waste.

Ignore the use buy dates. Wang it in the fridge and it will be fine. Hard veg lasts for ever

Firstly if you read and did not edit my post to try to make a point I do not use sell by/use by dates for all items.

If you read other posts of mine I have stated that many products can be washed with soap but some cannot.

If you read other posts of mine my objection is having to buy too much food due to pre-packing so even with planning it can lead to wastage.

scotrail158713

Established Member
During my shop last week, I happened to find myself waiting behind a lady who was crouched towards the bottom shelf. She was there a while before she looked up and realised I was waiting and was very apologetic to which I tried to tell her not to be. Even though I had done nothing wrong, I felt bad because after she had been apologetic, she never took anything and I felt as though I had rushed her in some way. Then when I arrived at the tills I saw a 'distance marker' free at a till so I went and stood on it only to hear from behind 'excuse me, I am queuing for this till' to which I responded politely and apologetically that I hadn't seen her waiting there (she was halfway down an aisle and leaving more of a gap than the markers suggest for some reason).

In both of those instances, there was no tutting from anyone, no harsh words, no dirty looks. Everyone is feeling it at the moment, everyone is living with that worry about themselves and about friends and family so now, more than ever, is the time to be considerate and patient of others. And if you do want to nip in to grab something from a shelf and someone is in your way, just politely ask them if you can sneak in to get whatever it is - amazingly you will find that the vast majority of people will happily comply and will do so with a nice smile
And that is exactly how it should be

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Firstly if you read and did not edit my post to try to make a point I do not use sell by/use by dates for all items.

If you read other posts of mine I have stated that many products can be washed with soap but some cannot.

If you read other posts of mine my objection is having to buy too much food due to pre-packing so even with planning it can lead to wastage.

I read all your posts, thanks. Packaging doesnt lead to any waste. Poor planning does. There is no food waste in my house beyond peelings. I live alone.

If you are worried and cant clean the fruit or veg then dont buy it. Buy something else.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Ok. I don’t think there’s any point in keeping this thread open as it’s starting to become unpleasant.
There plenty of people feeling various different forms of stress at the moment and I’d ask everyone to bear that in mind before reacting.
Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.