• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Percentage of stations still extant

Status
Not open for further replies.

manaichain

Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex (formerly Didcot, Oxfordsh
Okay, new to the forum, Hi guys, hope i can word this right.

Which TOC has the highest percentage of intact stations on it's routes? It used to be Island Line before they were merged, as they had 100% of the stations still open on their route (in fact 2 were opened while they were in power so to speak: Smallbrook Junction and Lake).

I'm not talking closed routes, just stations that have closed down on the routes of which their services run (infrequent services count, such as Okehampton, Reddish South, Gainsborough Central, that one that goes north to south through Pontefract, Fishguard).

Don't get bogged down by numbers, when i say percentage, maybe proportion is more accurate to describe, anyway....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Can I ask, to clarify, are you interested in stations that are still in place regardless of how long ago they closed? Or more recent closures?

Because I'm thinking, for example, the old Epsom Town station between Epsom and Ewell East is still in place, even most of one platform still survives, but this station was closed many, many, years ago - it was pre-grouping, I think!

imagination

The old thames trains franchise had nearly 100% too - just a couple of stations around Oxford that have closed.

manaichain

Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex (formerly Didcot, Oxfordsh
Well, if the station was replaced by another, for example the Hounslow one (West i think), that doesn't count IMO, neither would the extra termini across the cities (Rewley Road for Oxford, Curzon Street for Birmingham), as for definitions, well, explain what way you've done it

I thought it was Thames Trains at first, as they still run Parliamentary services over Cotswold line, until i realised many more tations used to be on Cotswold line, and between Banbury and Leamington Spa (Fenny Compton, Southam Road & Harbury)

Also thought might've been c2c until realised lot of stations closed in London and along Tilbury line.

Status
Not open for further replies.