• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Permitted Route question

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishter

I'm travelling to Kensington Olympia tomorrow and am confusing myself with permitted routes.

I'm departing from Southampton Central and would like to meet some friends who are also travelling to Olympia. They are travelling from Havant.

I've tried to work out if I need a special ticket, or if travel via HAV is a permitted route. I can't make head nor tail of the routing points, group members and suchlike.

Any advice appreciated. Ideally I'd like to travel from SOU to KPA via HAV, but return via the shortest/fastest route.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

telstarbox

Established Member
Travel via Havant is permitted on a Southampton Central to Kensington Olympia ticket.

SOU is Southampton Group, KPA is associated with Clapham Junction.
One of the permitted routes between SOU and CLJ is Maps CW + PD.

telstarbox

Established Member
Also note that if you purchase a "Not Via London" ticket this is cheaper than an "Any Permitted" but lets you go via Clapham Junction, which is the fastest way to get there anyway. More money for beer!

kjhskj75

Also note that if you purchase a "Not Via London" ticket this is cheaper than an "Any Permitted" but lets you go via Clapham Junction, which is the fastest way to get there anyway. More money for beer!

Though remember only the slower trains stop at Clapham Jn.

johnnycache

If you have time for trhe scenic route (via Arundel) you could take Southern

super off-peak travelcards £18.20 from southernrailway.com from both Southampton Central and Havant

Status
Not open for further replies.