• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Permitted routes between Newcastle and London terminals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel88

On Moderation
I'm traveling between the two on Thursday and am wondering apart from the direct route via York can I for example go via Leeds? Or even go via Carlisle and the West coast line?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
Leeds yes, Carlisle no.

You could go via Sheffield, Derby, Leicester (not sure if Derby still shut); or via Selby; or via Ely and Cambridge; or via Gainsborough, Lincoln and Spalding if you really want. There are plenty more examples. You can't necessarily combine all these though.

mildertduck

...or via Ely and Cambridge...
Take care if you think about doing this one. The map requires an unusual London Terminal, and some people might argue whether or not it is valid on a "London Terminals" ticket. I've never had an issue (last time I used it was ~8 months ago), but you might need to have an argument prepared at the gateline.

robbeech

Established Member
Take care if you think about doing this one. The map requires an unusual London Terminal, and some people might argue whether or not it is valid on a "London Terminals" ticket. I've never had an issue (last time I used it was ~8 months ago), but you might need to have an argument prepared at the gateline.

The barriers at LST seem quite forgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.