• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Person hit by train near Bowling (08/01/2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotATrainspott

Established Member
2H12 2040 Helensburgh Central to Edinburgh down 122 minutes at Dalmuir and then cancelled. No trains between Dumbarton Central and Dalmuir for about two hours but things seem to be running fine now, including the Fort William sleeper.

Have heard on grapevine that it was near Milton, where there is/was a gated passenger level crossing (I don't know what it's called or if it is still open - it's been a while since I've passed by it on the cycle path and it doesn't appear in the latest sectional appendix either).

Not nice for anyone involved.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bAzTNM

Just seen this topic.

Don't recall any level crossing on the route between Bowling and Dumbarton East. Railway line would be easy to get onto though, as it follows the cyclepath and the cyclepath is bloody empty in Winter.

Last edited:

NotATrainspott

Established Member
I remember a red railway sign saying to look both ways when crossing. I have never crossed there myself nor I have I actually got close to where the gate is/was/might be so it was just a thought of where it might have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.