• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pesky AWS & Vigilance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil6219

After many loyal years with BVE I recently got TS2014 since it was going cheap (and spent a small fortune on extras which was evidently the point). While I really enjoy it, the graphics are excellent as are the routes (Shap especially) and the soundsets are brilliant (I actually worked a loco on one of the sound recording sessions) but the one thing that is driving me up the wall is the AWS and vigilance.

I drive from the exterior view, after all the main reason I got this game was because of the graphics and also because the cabs are a little lacking, or just not helped by the perception of going around curves but I digress. As the AWS horn does not sound when in an exterior view with the exception of one or two 3rd party locos I sometimes miss the visual alerter and thus the brakes drop. Likewise I have the same issue with vigilance which doesn't sound outside on any loco, nor can it be cancelled with a key command.

My questions are can the Vigilance be turned off on all locomotives (I am aware that the 90 has this option) and is their a mod or something which allows the AWS to sound outside?

Many thanks,

Phil 8-)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossover

Established Member
Setting TS to simple controls I believe removes these, along with a few other aspects

Phil6219

Thanks chaps.

I had thought about simple controls but then the brakes and throttle are combined which I'm not a fan of. While the AWS is a small pain and just requires extra attention when outside but it's the vigilance which is a real burden as it is not possible to know when it's sounding once outside, aside from the Class 90 where it can be turned off as well as having a visual alerter.

Cheers,

Phil 8-)

Status
Not open for further replies.