• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Peterborough-Colchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waverley125

I'm going to Colchester on 4th April, and have 2 advance singles. However, since there are engineering works the LST trains from Peterborough terminate at Ipswich, with my seat reservation for the outward journey indicating a change at Stowmarket.

However, there is no further seat reservation coupon, so does this mean I can pick up any train from Stowmarket (I'd prefer a 90+mk3s) or can I go through to Ipswich & change?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
It may just be that the service it's put you on is unreservable, not 100% sure to be honest.

I can't see why you can't stay on to Ipswich and change there myself, but I'm sure the resident gurus will be along soon to confirm it!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The general consensus is that if there's no coupon, you are free to use any train (it has been debated both on here and uk.railway several times). Opinion is divided over whether connecting trains are compulsory if there is a coupon, which isn't the case here so I'd say you are fine.

Through trains from Llanishen would be interesting!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.