• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Peterborough engineering work this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veteran Member
This weekend all down main line trains are running to slightly amended times and booked Slow Line from Fletton to Tallington.

I've just passed through the section on the 1730 ex KGX but the only signs of work are
- a scaffolding barrier between DS and DF at PBO
- a couple of JCBs sat idle in the space between the Stamford lines and the DF at Werrington.

Out of curiosity, is any work supposed to be going on?

(Note - Helpston to Syston is blocked, but that's a separate item)

Thanks in advsncd.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

59CosG95

Established Member
This weekend all down main line trains are running to slightly amended times and booked Slow Line from Fletton to Tallington.

I've just passed through the section on the 1730 ex KGX but the only signs of work are
- a scaffolding barrier between DS and DF at PBO
- a couple of JCBs sat idle in the space between the Stamford lines and the DF at Werrington.

Out of curiosity, is any work supposed to be going on?

(Note - Helpston to Syston is blocked, but that's a separate item)

Thanks in advsncd.
I have it on good authority that it'll be for ALO protection of workers in the 10-foot between the DF & Stamfords at Werrington; what they're doing in the wideway is still a bit of a mystery to me.

(for anyone wondering, the Helpston - Syston block is due to track renewals at Oakham and its environs)

Status
Not open for further replies.