• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Peterborough one way system

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebor79

Established Member
I may need to travel to Sleaford next week in relation to my work. The normal services I would use (haven't done the journey since March last year) all appear to be running. However there is a note on all the journey planners saying there is a one way system in operation at Peterborough and to follow signs and staff instructions.
To connection between the EMR Norwich to Liverpool and EMR Peterborough to Lincoln service is quite tight. Usually I would make sure I was at the front of the Liverpool service, then turn left and head over the old parcels bridge to platform 1 where the Lincoln service usually departs from (one time I nearly got caught out when it was on platform 3!).
Of course there are no actual details as to what this one way system is - I imagine it's one bridge to head towards the station building and the other for heading the other way, but it could be anything for all I know.

Can anyone who's used the station recently let me know what the arrangements are please and whether they add much time delay? I would like to avoid the 2 hour wait for the next Lincoln service (and missed work appointment too of course!).

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Basicaly its and in and out system

In through the main entrance and out via staff gate on platform 1

Usually EMR arrives on Platform 6 (very occasionally 5) head for the rear of the train and head over to Platform 1 via ramp bridge and you will end up exactly were you want to be for the Lincoln service which leaves Platform 1 (north end)

High Dyke

Established Member
The Mem advises using the main footbridge between platforms. The one-way system is more for people entering / leaving the station. The ramped bridge (parcels bridge) is more for directing you to the station exit.

tellytype

I may need to travel to Sleaford next week in relation to my work. The normal services I would use (haven't done the journey since March last year) all appear to be running. However there is a note on all the journey planners saying there is a one way system in operation at Peterborough and to follow signs and staff instructions.

Thanks.
To be honest, just ignore it & do your own thing. I do.

MichaelAMW

It sounds to me like what you usually plan to do actually conforms to the system in place, so you don't need to worry.

trebor79

Established Member
Thanks folks.
I really hope I get to go, will be nice to be out and about for a day. 50:50 at the moment.

What's the world come to when I'm looking forward to a possible day trip to Sleaford?! :D
(Nothing wrong with Sleaford, perfectly nice market town but hardly an exciting destination!)

Status
Not open for further replies.