• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Peterborough-Stamford

Status
Not open for further replies.

burns20

And if you wanted a really long ride home from Melton to Nottingham there was Barton 29/29A/29B via Long Clawson, Kinoulton and Keyworth

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

And if you wanted a really long ride home from Melton to Nottingham there was Barton 29/29A/29B via Long Clawson, Kinoulton and Keyworth

Even better was the old Leicestershire tender 119 - Melton- Asfordby-Old Dalby-Harby-Bingham-Nottingham, good 90 minutes ish if I remember correctly from the timetable.

MotCO

Established Member
Barton were the incumbent operator with a depot in central Melton (as well as Ilkeston, Chilwell and even South Shields) .
Do you mean the South Shields near Sunderland? I never knew Barton was so widely spread.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Last edited:

Deerfold

Veteran Member
National Express has operated 538? or was it 537? for donkey years. SPT that run that bus station, before that it was parks coach station.

It was the 537. It also used to run via Keighley. I looked at using it a couple of times, but it was cheaper to get an anytime rail ticket giving me half a dozen journey options a day than to get the daily coach. It stopped serving Corby and Keighley in July 2017 and was withdrawn completely from today.

Attachments

• 537.pdf
    273.5 KB · Views: 12

overthewater

Established Member
Is there actually a Saturday service between Oakham and Stamford? I take it Deline extend to Oakham if Central bus pulls out?

Robertj21a

On Moderation
Is there actually a Saturday service between Oakham and Stamford? I take it Deline extend to Oakham if Central bus pulls out?

It's Centrebus, not Central bus. The Saturday service is, I believe, the one that Mark Bland will be running.

overthewater

Established Member
Either way there crap :D I will take note to remember its Centrebus. The only saturday bus Mark Bland is running is at 1544 There no buses between the two town after 16.30 on a weekday either?

Oakham to Stamford: Saturday service expanded from 5th November thanks to new Call Connect fixed route journeys. Also additonal weekday 1715hrs from Stamford & bookable Saturday journeys. Info here: https://lincsbus.info/callconnect-service-9-oakham/

CallConnect – Service 9 & Oakham
October 31, 2018 4:02pm
From Monday 5th November, CallConnect, in partnership with Rutland County Council, will be operating some service 9 journeys between Stamford & Oakham (in addition to Centrebus & Mark Bland journeys) and will provide an on demand service to Oakham on Saturdays in addition to our existing service to Stamford.

• A 17.15 service 9 journey from Stamford to Oakham will be provided by CallConnect on Mondays to Saturdays.
  • A new Saturday service 9 timetable will be provided by CallConnect with 2 journeys in each direction.
  • Our existing on demand bookable CallConnect service will be extended to Oakham on Saturdays offering new journey opportunities to Oakham from Stamford and from lincolnshire & Rutland villages.
SERVICE 9 TIMETABLE

OakhamCC-250x237.png

MedwayValiant

Just to bump this thread up, Delaine are to take over the route 9 from Centre Bus in October for the Peterborough to Stamford via Wittering portion, renumbering it the 205.

And hardly any sooner have Delaine done that then they are going to withdraw most of it. From 5 January, the service will be reduced from an hourly service operating six days a week to five journeys a day, Monday to Friday only.

Castor, Wansford, and Wittering will now have no Saturday service at all.

MisterWhippy

And hardly any sooner have Delaine done that then they are going to withdraw most of it. From 5 January, the service will be reduced from an hourly service operating six days a week to five journeys a day, Monday to Friday only.

Castor, Wansford, and Wittering will now have no Saturday service at all.

I’m not suprised. Having used the service it’s loadings were terrible. I caught an 11am service which had no fewer than 5 people on it. At one point I was the only person between Wittering and Peterborough!

What also hasn’t helped is covering Wittering and troubles of the A1 recently. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was agreed with the local councils prior to them taking over the service.

On the plus side, the Stamford to Deeping service is now extended to Spalding.

jombo8082

News reported today in the PT that more cuts to bus subsidies in the Peterborough area, suggested routes affected ar the 5, 60 and 61

Link to news article:

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk...ugh-city-council-despite-opposition-1-8738552

The bus routes which will be affected have not been decided, but a council report has highlighted potential changes to the 60, 61, 62 and 63 services, as well as to the number 5 service. A council spokesman said a decision on which services will be affected will made after “consultation with users, ward councillors and cross party working group members”. Cabinet member for resources Cllr David Seaton, presenting the budget, said: “Funding cuts, inflation and huge demands from providing good children’s services to supporting an ageing population require the council to do much more, with much less.

Read more at: https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk...ugh-city-council-despite-opposition-1-8738552

Last edited by a moderator:

High Dyke

Established Member
Even better was the old Leicestershire tender 119 - Melton- Asfordby-Old Dalby-Harby-Bingham-Nottingham, good 90 minutes ish if I remember correctly from the timetable.
Did that trip a couple of times, in the late 90's when RoadCar (Lincs Road Car) gained the contract tender. Yes it was a steady perambulation of the Vale of Belvoir. One interesting passenger travelled with her cycle from Asfordby to Saxelbye, where she alighted to cycle home later in the day.

Delaine have announced the complete withdrawal of the 205 Stamford to Peterbrough via Wittering:
"STATEMENT
We regret to announce the withdrawal of our 205 Stamford-Wittering-Peterborough service, the last day of operation will be Friday 20th December 2019.
When we took the route over on a commercial basis in October 2018 following the withdrawal of the previous operator, we anticipated the route would need to be rationalised as they were the second operator to withdraw from the route in seven years.
A rationalised service deploying one bus was introduced in January 2019 and was initially sustainable, but over recent months the level of patronage has been in continual decline. It is clear there is not enough support to maintain the current level of service and we cannot continue to absorb the heavy operating losses being incurred.
Delaine 201 202 is available as an alternative service for travel between Stamford and Peterborough.
A replacement Call Connect service is being introduced by Peterborough City Council to maintain a service from the intermediate villages with a fixed timetable at Peak-Time between Wittering and Peterborough and a demand responsive service at other times.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank those who have supported the 205 during the last 14 months, if more had done so this outcome would not have arisen.
Delaine Buses Ltd
November 2019"
http://www.delainebuses.com/205.html

Status
Not open for further replies.