• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Petersfield to Harrow & wealdstone - 30-11-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

mind the gap

Hi,

Need to travel from Petersfield (PTF) to Harrow & wealdstone (HRW) on 30/11/11 to arrive around 10:30am

cost is not an issue. (within reason!,travelling on Business) however wondered what the best route would be considering seat availability, I accept that the P'mouth > Waterloo will be busy, and would it be worth taking the LO option (clapham Junct>Harrow) rather than face a scrum using the northan line between Waterloo & Euston. I don't mind a few changes

I quite fancy the LO option on the way up & perhaps the Euston & Waterloo on the way back?

Any ticketing/route suggestions?

Thanks

Mind the Gap

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Brucey

The West London Line (Clapham to Harrow) is definitely more convenient but can get quite busy. There is also an hourly Southern service which makes the same journey (towards Milton Keynes).

The London Overground service between Euston and Harrow seems to take a lifetime (compared to when travelling north on a Pendo!) so I'd suggest changing at Clapham.

As for tickets...
Petersfield - Harrow Day Return is £44.50 (route Clapham J not London), £51.00 (any permitted)
If travelling between 0930 and 1600 from Clapham to Harrow, it is cheaper to change to Oyster PAYG at Clapham:
Petersfield - Clapham J Day Return is £38.50; plus £1.40 each way on Oyster (there are Oyster readers on both the LO and Southern platforms that are used for services towards Harrow)

mind the gap

Thanks Brucey,

I will probably take the any permitted ticket, with the WLL line option on the way up, & see how things go on the way back.

Thanks also for the ticketing advice, although I do have a personal PAYG oyster, claiming this back from work could be a issue, where I can submit one ticket for expenses as work is picking up the tab for this trip.

mind the gap

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The Southern service that satisfies your needs in the morning leaves Clapham Junction at 0939 arriving Harrow & Wealdstone at 1013.

Why change at Euston? If you want to go via Waterloo then the Bakerloo is perfectly fine to shuttle you between Harrow and Waterloo. A Petersfield - Zone U1245 London Anytime Day Return costs £52.90 and is valid on the Bakerloo Line for the whole distance in addition to all the alternative transport mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.