• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Petery's Explore South Wales 4 in 8 Rover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterY

Established Member
I had already cleared some lines in South Wales but this Rover gave me the chance to bash the rest. (Senior card price £45.55)
I decided to have 3 nights in Swansea and 2 Cardiff. I can sit here and make great plans but out and about things go astray.
After I arrived in Swansea, I just had a quick run up to Ferryside, I went there as a child and and it hasn't changed except it's now a request stop but lovely to see the semaphore's and hear the bell codes in the signal box.

Day 1 with rover.
Swansea to Fishguard. 142610. A lovely ride along the jointed track from Clarbeston Road. I changed at Clarbeston Road for the run down to Milford Haven. Long story but I was going to make my way to Pembroke Dock but the bus didn't run from Tesco on schooldays so I jumped to the same train back to Swansea.

Day 2
Heart of Wales to Shrewsbury and back on 150254. 8 hours on a 150 is a long day with only half hour to find food etc in Shrewsbury but at least the seats are more comfortable than a IEP

Day 3
Swansea, Maesteg, Cardiff via Llantwit Major, Metrthyr Tydfil, Pontypridd, Treherbert, Radyr, Cardiff via Ninian Park and Rhymney and finished back in Cardiff.
Day 4, Cardiff, Pembroke dock, Barry island, and Ebbw Vale.

All lines in South Wales completed. The rover was excellent value and I used it to the full.

Transport for Wales trains are showing signs of aging. You never know what's going to turn up, so I got to ride loads 142, 143, 150 153, 175's

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.