• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Photo advice - Birmingham International

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southwest

Have to spend a couple of hours in and around the NEC on Sunday 22nd and was wondering if the natives were friendly at Birmingham International.

Haven't sat on a station taking photos for many, many years and was wondering, do they still sell platform tickets or would I have to buy a ticket for a one stop journey to get past the barriers?

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tnxrail

I'm all-ways their for tours and don't buy a ticket unless im on a train to get their and they don't have barriers or check tickets really so up to you.

ANDYS

Southwest,

I was there with my nine year old during the Warley show in November. No problems at all. All platforms have open access, plenty of food/drink options so you just have to hope the weather is good. My lad seemed to enjoy it and he wants to go back next year although the missus says she will give it a miss!!

Andy S

Attachments

• IMG_2052.jpg
    IMG_2052.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

the sniper

Established Member
It's a shame that they put up those pointlessly big metal fences at the end of the platforms. What a waste of money...

I actually like them for one simple reason - when I'm there to see a tour depart I can crouch next to the fence and rest my hand on it, thus resulting in nice steady video.

12CSVT

Established Member
I actually like them for one simple reason - when I'm there to see a tour depart I can crouch next to the fence and rest my hand on it, thus resulting in nice steady video.

Another benefit is that there is no risk of some idiot walking in front of you while you are videoing (provided your camera is pointing away from the station of course)

wbbminerals

Whilst I agree with the above I also believe that they should have been made more 'visually appealing', perhaps similar to the ones at Leeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.