• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Photo of the Month :: May 2020 - Voting

May 2020

Votes: 26 52.0%

Votes: 4 8.0%

Votes: 3 6.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 10 20.0%

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sjpowermac

Established Member
Shame there are only six entries this time, and that three of the six shots have no discernible 'spring' theme!
Maybe I made a mistake in choosing that topic? I chose it because I hoped it would encourage lots of entries. We live and learn!

Deepgreen

Established Member
Maybe I made a mistake in choosing that topic? I chose it because I hoped it would encourage lots of entries. We live and learn!
No, I think it's good topic, it's just that three entries don't include anything to do with spring! I, too, would have expected lots of entries for the topic.

Domh245

Established Member
Of course, it's a bit tricky to go and get photos at the moment, so if you didn't already have something suitable you're somewhat out of luck (not to mention that we sort of just went from torrential storms to summer this year)! I was thinking about submitting a picture of some leaf springs as a bit of a jokey take on it, but as the theme was "springtime" I figured I'd be pushing my luck a bit too much.

Deepgreen

Established Member
Of course, it's a bit tricky to go and get photos at the moment, so if you didn't already have something suitable you're somewhat out of luck (not to mention that we sort of just went from torrential storms to summer this year)! I was thinking about submitting a picture of some leaf springs as a bit of a jokey take on it, but as the theme was "springtime" I figured I'd be pushing my luck a bit too much.
I like it - maybe a leaf spring with a wrist-watch on it!

sjpowermac

Established Member
I suspect the lockdown has stopped people going out taking photos...
I made the theme ‘Springtime’ so that people could interpret it as broadly as they chose: any picture taken during springtime in any year.

I deliberately avoided a very narrow topic so as to give as many people a chance to enter as possible. I did try...

sjpowermac

Established Member
I intended ‘Springtime’ to mean ‘any picture taken in the spring in any year’. Other than putting ‘You choose’ I’m not sure I could have made it any more open...

I do like your idea though, you should definitely have gone for it!

xotGD

Established Member
I made the theme ‘Springtime’ so that people could interpret it as broadly as they chose: any picture taken during springtime in any year.

I deliberately avoided a very narrow topic so as to give as many people a chance to enter as possible. I did try...
The trouble is, if it's raining it looks like winter and if it's sunny it looks like summer!

At least we haven't got into a debate over whether spring starts on 1st March or at the spring equinox...

(Oh dear, I might have just started it!)

sjpowermac

Established Member
The trouble is, if it's raining it looks like winter and if it's sunny it looks like summer!

At least we haven't got into a debate over whether spring starts on 1st March or at the spring equinox...

April showers would have fitted in just fine ;)

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Well done to Deepgreen

01 - Deepgreen
02 - xotGD
03 - Western Sunset
04 - mkrobins
05 - 4F89
06 - Bevan Price

sjpowermac

Established Member
I must admit I've stopped suggesting topics as I find it more fun to try to meet others' stipulations.
Congratulations on your win, it’s a superb image that illustrates the theme perfectly:)

I hope you’ve chosen the next theme carefully;)

sjpowermac

Established Member

I like the weed killing interpretation of the theme, that was really good thinking :)

xotGD

Established Member
I like the weed killing interpretation of the theme, that was really good thinking :)
I didn't have a single photo with daffodils in my albums, so that was the most springlike image I could manage!

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
@Deepgreen - Yet again you’ve picked a view that apart from the quality of the digital camera could have been taken in the summer of 1963.
Well done and congratulations.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
@sjpowermac - Suggest something like GWR tank engines and the Australian Outback. That should stump him... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.