• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Photo Paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nym

Established Member
But unsure as to if this should be in Photography or General so I'll air on the side of caution...

I'm considering purchasing some photo paper for my colour printer so I can print some photos, but just some general advice.

I'd be using genuine HP paper (£15/pack!) designed for laser printers and being shot through either an HP CP3525dn (through the manual tray obviously) since this is not an ink jet I can't put cheap-O photo paper through it or it will end up melting.

So, where could I buy this from? Have looked online and it's all expensive office retailers, only place I found it so far is Ryman at A4 size (too big).

Can I ever get the quality at home?

Would it be cheaper to pay a printer to do it for me? Considering toner is £180 each!

Anything I've missed...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
In general, photo printing from home is uneconomical, try looking at supermarkets and what price they can offer you, what size print and what quantity are you looking at?

TP

Nym

Established Member
The artwork I'm after printing is in PNG format at roughly 3500x2500 resolution, photos are in JPG or PNG depending on who took it and when.

Some of the photos and/or artwork might not be suitable for being printed at a printers (it is legal, I just dislike strange looks from printers)

This kind of stuff artwork wise...

7890461@300-1335851564.jpg

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Take them down to your local supermarket on a USB, SD, CD (pretty much what ever you like) and try to use the self service photo ordering machine (not the immediate print ones) - process them through them and I should imagine the price will be alot cheaper for you. The chances of being questioned about copyright are low - you accept the terms and conditions that cover this - however if you do this will be after they have been printed.

TP

Nym

Established Member
Oh, it's not copyright issues, it's my artwork that is copyright to me, it's more a case of "What you printing?" and that's one of the tame pieces. Thanks for thy advice anyways :)

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Do your employers have a bulk discount office stationery supplier? Most of these will allow those employed by their customers to buy at the heavily discounted rate but paid directly ( ie not through the employing company ).

Nym

Established Member
Nah, tried that (UoM Supplies through Lyreco) but there's no way for me to put money into the stores to order something.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
What's the UoM stores got to do with it though? Will they ( Lyreco ) not deal direct with you? That would be very surprising - maybe they didn't realise you were working for one of their customers?

Nym

Established Member
They don't see student as a contract of employment, if it was for my course I could put it through project ordering for anything up to £100 through petty cash, but not for personal use.

The policy of stores is they don't have the manpower to deal with it, so it's no to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.