• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Photo storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

najaB

Veteran Member
There is a famous story, I don't know if it's true, of a company having it's backup storage linked to the main system and someone ran a command that is equivalent to delete all and deleted their main system and backup.
It definitely did not happen at a company I worked for. Nope, not at all. Never.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

malc-c

I guess it all boils down to what form of backup you are after. If its simply having duplicates of the data so that should the main location fail or you accidentally delete a file then using an external drive, be that attached to the network, or plugged in when needed is OK. If the data is more valuable then some form of remote back up is needed. These days you can get USB sticks that have 512GB or more capacity so you could always get one of these and keep that in your car. However a backup is only as good as the last time the data was backed up, so if you forget to bring it in and run the backup software then it somewhat defeats the object.

As for software, have a look at Macrim reflect https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree the free version is ideal for making drive images, both full, incremental or differential

D365

Veteran Member
I've written a reply to the above posts on a new thread here, so that we have a separate discussion for issues such as cloud vs. local backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.