• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Photographing Class 56s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshnatlyd

Hi Can anyone help - I am wanting to photograph some Class 56s - does anyone know any good locations where you are guaranteed to see any ?
Vest Regards
Tony

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Alistair G.

They have quite a few at leicester depot, which with a decent camera u can get some good shots from the north end of the platforms, or if u don't mind a bit of walk u can take a stroll on the local estate and take some shots from the side of the depot..... Not the nicest of estates though I'm afraid.

Alistair G.

No problems. Hutchinson street is the name of the road to head down for the side on (and it is an aerial side on, not a flat side on) photo.

If u look on google maps it might give u an idea. Head right to the end of the street, on the left is a school entrance on the right it looks like just a bunch if trees, but through those trees is leicester depot and with leaf fall no happening hopefully you could get a decent shot.

tjlrailblue

preserved one at great central nottingham (ruddington)

there was a preserved one at barrow hill too but not sure if there still

do they have any 56s at burton depot anymore?

washward heath presumably have them but not sure how you can photograph them

Tim

Topgun333

Last I heard was that Rail Leasing Ltd (owned by Ed Stephenson and others) had 15 56s on their books and I think 5 of them were stored at Leicester. There were some mutterings a few months ago that the intention was to re-engine a number of the 56s but I'd guess that's all dependent on the wider rail freight market and probably not helped by the arrival of the Colas 70s and DRS 68s.

alexl92

Established Member
I've seen 56s at York a couple of times - definitely seen a DCR one.

Status
Not open for further replies.