Photography at DLR Stations

Discussion in 'Photography Advice & Discussion' started by 43074, 30 Aug 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 43074

43074 Established Member

Hi all,

I will be going to London on 2nd September, and I intend to spend approximately half an hour at Shadwell DLR station photographing c2c units (between 17:00 and 17:30). Should I have any problems taking photographs for my own use at Shadwell? Also, if DLR have any photography guidelines, I would be grateful if someone could direct me to them - I can't find any on the TfL website.

Many thanks.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Peter Mugridge

Peter Mugridge Established Member

They've recently told me in writing that there is no problem provided you spend no more than 10 minutes at any one location - any longer and they may regard it as working at the location. Extracts for the e-mail exchange below...

Note that the TfL Underground photography permits ( non-professtional permit £50 for 30 days ) do not cover the DLR.

4. 43074

43074 Established Member

Thank You for clarifying the matter for me. And I'd forgotten about the evening peak :oops:

5. Aldaniti

Aldaniti Member

I'm sure most people with half a brain could tell the difference between the casual rail enthusiast and a professional set-up. Where do these numpties come from? Another outfit that sound like they need the media ridicule treatment! :roll:

6. Peter Mugridge

Peter Mugridge Established Member

Yes, though given how busy their system is even off peak I can understand that they would not want large numbers standing in one place for hours.

There are, of course, also a few locations where the DLR can be viewed and snapped from public land.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.