• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Photography at DLR Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Hi all,

I will be going to London on 2nd September, and I intend to spend approximately half an hour at Shadwell DLR station photographing c2c units (between 17:00 and 17:30). Should I have any problems taking photographs for my own use at Shadwell? Also, if DLR have any photography guidelines, I would be grateful if someone could direct me to them - I can't find any on the TfL website.

Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
They've recently told me in writing that there is no problem provided you spend no more than 10 minutes at any one location - any longer and they may regard it as working at the location. Extracts for the e-mail exchange below...

Peter

After speaking with a colleague we believe that if you were to stay in one location on the railway you would not necessary achieve the results that you are after as not all vehicles go through one location. There are several different service routes each day and riding around the system as a tourist would enable you to ‘capture’ a wider proportion of the fleet.

Further, if you were to stay in one location it could be seen as working on the railway and then we would be looking for method statement and risk assessments and possible training, all with costs involved.

Alternatively we could look at you being supervised at £50 per hour to cover the supervision.

Regards

and obviously not in peak hours ie after 10:00 am and before 16:00 and then again after 19:30.

Note that the TfL Underground photography permits ( non-professtional permit £50 for 30 days ) do not cover the DLR.

Established Member
Thank You for clarifying the matter for me. And I'd forgotten about the evening peak :oops:

Aldaniti

They've recently told me in writing that there is no problem provided you spend no more than 10 minutes at any one location - any longer and they may regard it as working at the location. Extracts for the e-mail exchange below...

Note that the TfL Underground photography permits ( non-professtional permit £50 for 30 days ) do not cover the DLR.

I'm sure most people with half a brain could tell the difference between the casual rail enthusiast and a professional set-up. Where do these numpties come from? Another outfit that sound like they need the media ridicule treatment! :roll:

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Yes, though given how busy their system is even off peak I can understand that they would not want large numbers standing in one place for hours.

There are, of course, also a few locations where the DLR can be viewed and snapped from public land.

Status
Not open for further replies.