• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Photography on B&H

Status
Not open for further replies.

leomartin125

Hi,

I wanted to ask if anyone knows any decent spots betwen Reading and Theale, or maybe a bit further out, where a footpath crosses the B&H line, that's good for photography. Just wanting to catch Flying Scotsman away from a station and the inevitable crowd that it brings. I'm not one to trespass, god no, but I have caught Galatea at a public footpath crossing near Mortimer before, no issue and a nice photo. I just wondered if there was anything similar on the B&H near Reading or Theale?

Regards,
Leo

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Palatine

There is a footpath where you get a good view of the B&H where it divides from the line to Newbury and the South-West (Southcote Junction). To get to the footpath from Reading station take the 26 bus and ask the driver to tell you when you get to the stop for Southcote Farm Lane (SFL). Walk down SFL until you see a wide path on the left. Go down this and under the railway bridge turn sharp left up the path until you find a good view. Google UK weblink below

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...faedcea520aa103!8m2!3d51.4426192!4d-0.9996754

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.