• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Photo's from Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where 58's still operate in commercial service...
Hello all.

In this topic I will keep you updated about the latest railnews in the Netherlands. And ofcourse I will post pictures aswell.

End of the line

Yesterday again 2 trainsets Plan U (DMU) were taken to Venlo. From there it is a short trip to the scrap. The completely overhouled trains with new interior and engines were withdrawn from service after 2 years. Five of these 45 year old machines will go to Bratislava where they will function as Inter City.

More capacity....

Nowdays you can spot 3 combined SGMm trainsets...

Here a train consisting of 3 units class 2900 (SGMm) just after leaving Amsterdam towards Utrecht.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

September 2nd 20:00 hour (CET)

Gouda:

after a freight train passed Gouda this evening, several people suffer from illness and don't realy feel well :?

As soon as the news was known, ProRail (owner of the railway lines in Holland) told the driver to stop the train in open area and abandon ship. ;)

Further news is not available yet, I hope I can update you before I take the plane to London.

T

Tom

Interesting, never heard of people becoming ill because of a freight train in the UK... :o

Am I missing a fiew replies here????

Well. I have Updated my website www.maarten.fotopic.net with trains and Underground from London and I added the photo's I made in Germany last week.

Including Dutch ERS Railways class 66 at Koblenz Hbf, and several museum trains including Steam and V200 diesel.

Further I have some news from Holland now:

NS (National rail) has ordered 35 trainsets by Siemens and Bombardier transportation. These trains are based on the DB ET425. This is the first order. Probably NS will place 5 more orders for these trains.

All trains will be owned by NS doughter Company NS Financial Services wich is located in Dublin. Modifying the trains to English and German standards will be easy, and cheap. If NS will lose a tender in Holland, anoughter NS company, known as Nedrailways will lease the trains for use in the Serco rail partnership, or a new railway alliance in Germany.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes, sorry we lost some data. :(

Your site is superb, I'll take a look! :)

Did a bit on trainspotting today.....

Here the last run of the Silverrail near Heemstede (Haarlem - Leiden line). A special train that was only 9 times on the rails.

And here the same train near Wormerveer (Amsterdam - Alkmaar line)

What's a trainspotter without information? Not a good one!!

Well planning resulted in having 2 more nice photos.

Here the 1615 "Zandvoort" at Wormerveer with the empty steeltrain. Train was 45 minutes early.

And the 9525 "Olympic trainset" at the same location.

Please let me know what you think of the photos ;)

Decapitated

I am sorry to tell you that the most beoutifull Intercity stock in Holland ICM "Koploper" is not a "koploper"anymore. (Koploper means something like "Walkhead").

Thease trains own their name becouse you can change from trainset using this walkhead. It's a handy and easy to use way to change trains, even when your moving at 140 km/h.

Why this system:

It's complex to tell u everything, so I will keep it short.

The Northeast - West Intercity network is ruled for 100% by ICM.

- Train 1 comes from Amsterdam and stops at Amersfoort
- train 2 comes from Schiphol airport and comes to hold when it connects to train 1 at Amersfoort. Imediateley the left headdoors will open. Followed by the doors on the right. When all 4 doors are opened, a footbridge will come out of both ends of the train, connecting in the middle. The tains are now connected.
- train 3 is now arriving from Utrecht where the units comming from Rotterdam and The Hague have connected.
Now we have 4 or sometimes even 5 combined trainsets. All connected to eachother you can walk from the first coach to the last one. 40 minutes later, when arriving Zwolle, the trains are seperated into 2 sections. The first one will go to Groningen, followed by the second one at 3 minutes distance to Leeuwarden.

Rumors started 3 weeks ago that NS wanted to put the walkheads out of order. Today is the last day you can see connected trains, although today you will be lucky if you see them. Yesterday I spotted 3 combined units for the afternoon rush hour train from (Haarlem depot) - Amsterdam - Eindhoven.

Now, after almost 20 years in service, the doors are closed forever.....

Here I have a picture that i made yesterday. realising it was the last....

richa2002

Established Member
Thanks for the updates regarding the Dutch railways, I've found it really interesting reading your posts.

Fantastic Photos also!

Does anyone knows what this logo indicates
trademark_rgb.jpg

I know it. But I would like to hear it from someone not living in Holland. ;)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Warning, the pink route zig-zags more than the Selby-Wakefield via Bradford & Huddersfield Northern service? ;)

Both wrong ;)

Its the logo for the PT chipcard that will be introduced in 2007, allowing to use 1 payment system for train, bus, tram and underground services in Holland. (compare it to Oyster, but then for an entire country).

This means that if you collect traintickets, and you still need some Dutch ones, you should hurry :lol:

The system will use check in/out machines on little stations and small underground stations. Gates will be build on larger stations (not on Schiphol airport becouse it would be unhandy with all the bagage).

On the first testday by RET, the PT operator in Rotterdam, the system crashed after 15 minutes (sounds good for the future, doesn't it?) But at the momend around 4000 people are taking part in a 3 months test course, and till now, the system seems to operate normal.

The Dutch railways NS will probably re-paint one or even more trains to OV chipcard style, to promote the introduction.

I don't know if they will do it, but I mada an attampt to create a possible liveie.

ovchipkaarttrein2hs.png

Connexxion (Cxx) wins "Valleilijn" tender (Valley line)

From 10-12-2006 the dutch bus company Connexxion (Cxx) will operate on the Amersfoort - Ede/Wageningen line.

Currently this line is operated by NS, the largest operator in Holland. And the frequency is 1 train per hour.

Cxx will operate 2 trains per hour in both directions, plus 2 Barneveld Noord transferium - Amersfoort shuttletrains per hour. Connexxion has another rail line (Almelo - Mariënberg) using 2 DH1 dieseltrains, but is operated by drivers of Syntus, a rival company.
From october 2007 Cxx will use new Light rail trains.
The tender is granted to Connexxion for a period of 15 years.

TheSlash

Established Member
So why was the walkhead stopped? Brand new trains in Southern England are equipped with a walkhead from the design stage for similar reasons as described by you, allowing shorter trains to join together to form 1 long train with access through out

Becouse NS is no longer a govermental controlled operator. And want to reduce unnecesary maintenance. So, you close them forever, that won't cost them money.

They don't care what the passengers want, or think. It's a arrogant, company controlled by Mr. Veenman, responsible for the bad times with STORK, where options on the stock marked dropped by 80%, and 2000 people lost their jobs. This same pewrson is responsible for 15.000 lost jobs by NS.

I hope that 2010 will be the finall yoer of NS. When the complete IC network will be splitt into tenders.

A long time I was solidair with NS, but now.... when I readed the book called "Sorry for the inconvenience" it's over.

And Again something Olympics,

The 9525 at Haarlem ready to depart to Zandvoort (Hmmmm..... The place where I live :lol: )

At 23:03 the train (with me inside) arrived back at Haarlem and was terminated here. Passengers to The Hague had to change, the 9525 continues as Intercity 889 to Amsterdam and Utrecht.
Here the 9525 at Platform 3a.

It was the first time this train visited Haarlem.

ECS run with trainset 273
Mat46.jpg

Friday 02 december 2005

Mat '46 NS-273
82132: Ahbo 14:32, Wf 14:41-14:46, Ut 15:23, Gd 15:45, Ypb 16:00-16:05, Ldd 16:10

Saturday 03 december 2005

Mat '46 NS-273
28133: Ldd 16:12, Ypb 16:17-16:23, Gd 16:39-16:42 (2), Ut 17:05-17:06 (10b), Ahb 17:47

Thanks to Patrick Meeder via OVL

NEWS:

Rail operators against increasing railtax. (copyd from http://www.railion.nl/settaal.asp?taal=GB)

Managing Directors of cargo companies took their grievances to the Lower House

At around one o’clock on Wednesday 30 November, four locomotives belonging to the Netherlands’ largest rail cargo operators (ACTS Nederland BV, Rail4Chem Benelux BV, ERS Railways BV and Railion Nederland NV) arrived at The Hague Central Station. Aboard were the managing directors of the companies, who feel their future is seriously threatened by the extortionate increases in railway tax that the Ministry of Transport, Public Works & Water Management proposes to implement in 2006.

Although the scheduled increases have already been proven to have detrimental effects on everyone involved, the Ministry still refuses to listen.

The four company directors therefore proceeded from Central Station to the Lower House, where they presented a document to Mr Pieter Hofstra, Vice Chairman of the Permanent Transport Committee.
This move by the rail cargo operators marks the start of a campaign next week to draw attention to the Ministry’s refusal to listen. Between 18:00 and 19:00 hours, goods trains throughout the Netherlands will sound their horns to add force to the motto: ‘Wake up, there in The Hague!’
The document that the rail cargo operators presented to Mr Hofstra describes a number of examples of the practical effects that the proposed railway tax increases would have.

The increases in question vary from 35% to 260%, depending on the weight of the train. The consignments of ore and coal carried from the ports of Rotterdam and Amsterdam to the German hinterland are to be hit hardest. However, both the transport of steel and lime for the Dutch steelmaking industry and container trains from Rotterdam to Veendam and Southern Europe will also face increases which will raise the entire cost of transport by 3 to 12% in some cases. This amounts to a sum of around 5 million euros for the sector as a whole.

In a market where transport charges have steadily been declining during the past few years, while energy costs rose unabatedly, the rail carriers can simply no longer absorb such increases themselves. In order to survive, they will therefore have to include the full cost of railway tax in their rates. And given that prices in the transport market are largely dictated by East European road hauliers, this would prove ‘fatal’ to the rail operators’ competitive position. A recent survey commissioned by none other than the Ministry of Transport, Public Works & Water Management*) shows that the proposed railway tax increases would cause the rail cargo operators to lose some 20% of their market volume.

The same report also shows that this decline in demand means that railway tax revenue would ultimately prove lower than if the increases were to be implemented gradually. The question therefore remains: who would actually benefit from such disproportionately large increases?

And last but not least, this railway tax increase would also have a highly detrimental effect on the Betuwe route’s ‘flying start’. After all, reduced rail transport in 2006 would also entail reduced rail transport in 2007. And this would only place unnecessary pressure on the financial prospects of the Betuwe route.

*)Gebruiksvergoeding Spoorgoederenvervoer 2006-2007 - Policy Research Corporation 18-07-05
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now something else....

Yesterday I was able to spot the oldest EMU + 2 coaches we have in Holland.

Here the C9002 "Jaap" + 2 coaches just before arriving in Haarlem.

And here the same consist in their second run passing Naarden-Bussum station.

AJP

Good Photo's!! :D

But shouldnt this be in the Transport Photography Section :roll:

AJP

I dont mind but I rarely look in overseas sections as im not bothered. but cracking picturs :D

Status
Not open for further replies.