• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Photos or archive footage of Marylebone from the late 1990s

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Does anyone have any photos or video footage from Marylebone station from the 1990s?

If so, you are invited to post them on this thread.

Thanks!

(Obviously adhering to copyright law and fair usage/dealings principles, including crediting any materials which are not your own)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John Webb

Established Member

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Does anyone have any photos or video footage from Marylebone station from the 1990s?

If so, you are invited to post them on this thread.

Thanks!

(Obviously adhering to copyright law and fair usage/dealings principles, including crediting any materials which are not your own)

Hm. I wonder if our @Peter Mugridge would have some photos from that era?
There’s one in this post taken by Peter in 1991:

https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/nse-loco-hauled-sets.79889/post-1385674

There’s also some interesting footage from 1990 in this YouTube video:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I do, but I've so far only scanned my archive up to February 1991... and I'm some way further behind with the database that helps me locate specific things quickly...

Ah ok. Worth a try. ;)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks all.

Does anyone have any from the early days of Chiltern Railways (as a separate TOC as opposed to a route within Network SouthEast) in the late 1990s?

colchesterken

Can we go back to pre refurb times.mid 80s I have been trying to track down any photos of the War memorial that was in the ticket office. Now Tesco checkouts I went down there and saw the manager he let me look behind the new cladding. it has gone
I have been in touch with the local history and Network Rail they think it was lost in the building work No one would rip down a war memorial and chuck it in the skip

John Webb

Established Member
Can we go back to pre refurb times.mid 80s I have been trying to track down any photos of the War memorial that was in the ticket office. Now Tesco checkouts I went down there and saw the manager he let me look behind the new cladding. it has gone
I have been in touch with the local history and Network Rail they think it was lost in the building work No one would rip down a war memorial and chuck it in the skip
Have a look at http://railwayheritagetrust.co.uk/the-rht-and-war-memorials/ which may in part answer your query. It seems the memorials (3 of them) were lost; but replicas are being made.

Status
Not open for further replies.