• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

(Photos) Techniquest's Irish Trekker, 29th March to 2nd April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Ah, that's why they're over there then. Couldn't for love nor money tell you which ones they were, I did try ID'ing them on my way into Dublin to no avail.

starrymarkb

Established Member
Ah, that's why they're over there then. Couldn't for love nor money tell you which ones they were, I did try ID'ing them on my way into Dublin to no avail.

They've been re-registered in Ireland. The Lessor wanted them out of the country and off the Hungarian register ASAP in case the government tried to annul leases etc. They flew out as a group (IIRC there were about 17 in a row) and either went to Shannon (where the owners have a base) or Dublin for storage. The B736's have since gone for scrap (the B736 has horrendous economics) while the others are progressively being overhauled and will go in to service with other airlines...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.