• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Photospots

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerroar

On Moderation
I'm going up to that there London in March with the specific aim of taking a few decent photos on the Underground network, inspired by TubeMapper.

Can anyone think of anywhere decent that I might go? I'm thinking trains through the shed at Queens Park, overlooking Morden station from the bridge and whilst on the Northern Line probably two trains on the island platforms on the Morden branch.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trainmania100

Established Member
There's one in the south east, canning town I think, you might be able to get some good shots of the 2 storey tracks, like a photo of a train above another train

bluegoblin7

Established Member
In all honesty it depends what sort of shots you want to take. Lots of trains? Architecture? Something unusual?

Pretty much every station - and a lot of places in between - can produce "decent photos" with a bit of thought.

tigerroar

On Moderation
Like I said, like tubemapper - https://tubemapper.com/

The Canning Town one is lovely but seems a bit of a trek from the station. I have to bear in mind that I'm taking the old man up for a day on the trains so he can't walk too far so it'll just be around the stations.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Like I said, like tubemapper - https://tubemapper.com/

The Canning Town one is lovely but seems a bit of a trek from the station. I have to bear in mind that I'm taking the old man up for a day on the trains so he can't walk too far so it'll just be around the stations.

In that case I re-affirm my previous statement: literally anywhere.

Tim R-T-C

Established Member

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
220px-Gants_Hill_stn_interior_concourse.JPG

Gants Hill on the Central line

Taunton

Established Member
The Canning Town "DLR over Jubilee" can be readily photographed from the DLR Stratford branch platform alongside. There are lifts from the other platforms so you don't need to take any stairs.

Ken H

On Moderation
From the overbridge at Earls court
Someone described Earls Court as the Undergrounds Crewe!

East Finchley with its rapid transit archer
some of the old railway stations taken over by LT in the 1930's, still old railway feel. Try West Finchley on the Northern Line. And plenty on the Central line in the East.

And the old red terracotta stations built for the Yerkes tubes designed by Leslie Green. Chalk farm is one. The one for Down Street (Close station) is still there. Loads of them still exist.

ANDREW_D_WEBB

The road bridge at the east end of East Acton gives a nice view down into the station, almost rural if you frame it right.

tigerroar

On Moderation
Some good suggestions, thanks. Staying around the north west area seems like an idea.

One question, I use contactless to tap in and tap out. Could I use that on the overground from Queens Park to Euston?

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Some good suggestions, thanks. Staying around the north west area seems like an idea.

One question, I use contactless to tap in and tap out. Could I use that on the overground from Queens Park to Euston?
Yes you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.