• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Photting locations in London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave A

Hi all.

I am planning on spending the day in and around London, armed with my photo/video camera and I need some advice.

Does anyone know where the last Routemaster is operating? EDIT: (Yes, I do know the last one is tomorrow, so yes, I am thinking of tomorrow :P :) )

The best places to get LU photos?

The best places to get a good variety of trains (NR) for photting and videoing? Also, any views with London in the background? By London I mean landmarks such as the eye.

Anything rail related that is unusual?

A bit more info:

It will be a weekday, I will have a zone 1 - 4 travelcard and will be starting at Finchley Central (Northern), Arnos Grove (Piccadilly) or New Southgate (WAGN).

Any help appreciated :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

A few locations are available in Transport Photography, as this is a question about it, this is being moved.

Established Member
HI david i no a good location for RMs on the 159 and it not far from waterloo!!! walk towards the international end of waterloo and there is the exit near there, go out over the road then down the stairs on the river side of the road then walk towads westminster bridge (in the opperstie dierection to the railway bridge.) walk up that road till you come to westminster bridge the RMs should be running there untill about 12!!!! so you've only got the morning!!!

Established Member
Sorry i got one bit wrong david. When you walk out from waterloo go on the bridge thorught the building and down along there see the map i'll send you for details.

ChristopherJ

Hi David,

If you're looking for 'variety' to Photograph I would suggest the GE Mainline at the moment, Stratford, Pudding Mill Lane (DLR) and Bethnal Green are top stops I would recommend...

I would give Bethnal Green a shoot... You can get some nice shots of the WA/Anglia/GE services climbing and descending the gradient into Liverpool St, also you can possibly get some shots with the London 'Gurkin' in the background.

Hope you have a nice time around London.

Status
Not open for further replies.