• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Piccadilly 5.2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
No, this isn't to tll you that it's been released! ;) But it soon will be!

I have some news that may intrest allot of you.
1.) Piccadilly Line v5.2 is very near to release, and will be on the new BRJ site when it's put back up at the end of the month! :D
2.) It won't run on BVE2!!!!!!!! <( <( :cry: :cry: :x :cry:
3.) A BRAND NEW, photo-real LT1973 stock will be released at the same time at BRJ! :D
4.) It will run from Baron's Court to Arnos Grove, and gradually be extended in stages to Uxbridge, Cockfosters and Heathrow Airport.

Any other intresting Picc v5.2 news, post it below.
Thanks,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bve 4 Piccadilly Line + Photo-realistic cab = 1 Happy me :D

jd

Sounds Good! Tom's routes are usually very realistic too.

Coxster

Established Member
As Tom's MSN BETA (basically means I'm bombarded with newer versions - but I don't mind), I can say this route even runs with max detail with about 20fps minimum on a 900Mhz machine!!!

The Snap

Established Member
Shame it's not on BVE2 though! :cry: I can't see the difference, when I did the MHE last month, the BVE4 routefile ran in BVE2, except the rain and fog didn't work - Hmmmm??? :?: Is there something that is specific for BVE4 which I didn't include?
I wonder if Picc v5.2 will run anyway on BVE2?????

jd

Yeah, the only problem with the old Picc route was that it required a really powerful computer to run it.

The Snap

Established Member
Yes, I have a mint PC, and it still take 20 mins to load the full line! And it's jumpy, I mean the train stop with sound still going, and then carries on.

The Snap

Established Member
I think anyone who lives south of Birmingham won't know what it means! :D :D :lol: Let's not tell either, eh Jordy? :D

The Snap

Established Member
Well, sort of. It means, in Northern terms, to be great, or excellent.
Just like sick, in Northern terms means great, or excellent (well it does in Manchester anyway!) :D

T

Tom

Normally, it means new. :P.

A great/excellent PC doesn't mean its a good PC!

The Snap

Established Member
Well, it's not the best, but it's only two years old, and was the top of the range then, so I can't be that bad. :P It has big storage and stuff, and big ram (not sure how much, so don't ask!) :D

Coxster

Established Member
jdan said:
Yeah, the only problem with the old Picc route was that it required a really powerful computer to run it.
The old one - yes. The new one - no.

RichardH said:
Yes, I have a mint PC, and it still take 20 mins to load the full line! And it's jumpy, I mean the train stop with sound still going, and then carries on.
Since you don't have this BETA version, who are you to say?
How do I know you don't have this version? Simply because it doesn't take that long to load - even on a 900Mhz PC and you say you have a 'mint' one! Please do not lie - it's not good for you.

Jordy

Established Member
RichardH wrote:

Since you don't have this BETA version, who are you to say?
How do I know you don't have this version? Simply because it doesn't take that long to load - even on a 900Mhz PC and you say you have a 'mint' one! Please do not lie - it's not good for you.

He means the old Piccadilly line ;)

Jordy

The Snap

Established Member
I'm not lying! :? I have a decent PC, which loads the Piccadilly Line v4 in around 20mins, which is quite a long time for BVE route nowerdays. I don't have route you are testing, just the Picc v4, and the Picc v5 demo (Earls Court to King's Cross) which loads fine.
;)

T

Tom

v4 loads in about 2 minutes on BVE4 on this rubbish 950MHz PC!

Coxster

Established Member
RichardH said:
I'm not lying! :? I have a decent PC, which loads the Piccadilly Line v4 in around 20mins, which is quite a long time for BVE route nowerdays. I don't have route you are testing, just the Picc v4, and the Picc v5 demo (Earls Court to King's Cross) which loads fine.
;)
At no point did you mention v4, nor did you imply it was v4 you were on about.

The Snap

Established Member
Oh, sorry! I didn't did I! :? Sorry if I missled you.
And TC, My PC, althogh it's decent, it often has slow paches! It's fine on minute, and the next it crashes, and goes dead slow. It must be me! :D Ah well, I just leave it to load, and go and get a drink! :D

Dave A

The main component is the graphics card. On my Laptop which is P4, 2.4Ghz, 512RAM, 40GB, intel graphics, the average framerate in Bve 4 is around 7fps.

But on my old back up PC which is P2, 350Mhz, 300 & something Ram, 6GB, but has a 16 MB graphics card, the average framerate in Bve 4 is around 15fps.

But I agree that all the Piccadilly Lines V4 & below on both of my computers do take along time to load! :(

The Snap

Established Member
London Tube said:
The main component is the graphics card. On my Laptop which is P4, 2.4Ghz, 512RAM, 40GB, intel graphics, the average framerate in Bve 4 is around 7fps.

But on my old back up PC which is P2, 350Mhz, 300 & something Ram, 6GB, but has a 16 MB graphics card, the average framerate in Bve 4 is around 15fps.

But I agree that all the Piccadilly Lines V4 & below on both of my computers do take along time to load! :(

Here here! (Dave, any work done on Northern Heights yet?)

Status
Not open for further replies.