• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Piccadilly Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

M60lad

According to National Rail problems to services via and to Piccadilly this morning due to the following:

An overhead wire problem is affecting services leaving the depot near Manchester Piccadilly.

Because of this, Virgin Trains and Northern Rail services at Manchester may be delayed by up to 30 minutes. There is no current estimate for when a normal service will resume.

Not to sure whether something has brought the wires down but live departures are showing at least one London Euston and one Alderley Edge as delayed

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trickyvegas

I normally get the 8.04 to Crewe, get off at Cheadle Hulme and walk to the office in Bramhall. This morning managed to get the delayed 7.48 to Stoke and got off at Bramhall so a win for me. The Stoke train was about 25 minutes late departing and there was still no sign of the 08.04 when I left. NREs online information didn't bear much resemblance to what was happening on the platform, some services that were still to depart had disappeared and others that were delayed were still shown as on time.

krisk

5.05 cancelled
6.10 cancelled
6.27 started at Stafford
7.15 cancelled

Thomas6187

The main problem was that the OHLE came down just outside the exit from Longsight, around 01:00 this morning, trapping a lot of units on the depot. Most units managed to get off by the South end.

Status
Not open for further replies.