• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pictures of staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
No hard hat on when painting fence, yes if someone saw it in Network Rail he could be disciplined for it even down to been sacked if it had happened before. Thats the sort of management there is in Network Rail these days, they the types who sit in offices all day and know everything about H&S experts. All office staff should be made to wear hard hats sat at there desks for a day every month then they would know what its like to wear them all day.
How did we carry on in the past!
P.S. when are we going to issue passengers with hard hats to stand on platforms waiting for trains, will there be a baby sized one as well?

:roll: I cant even be bothered to respond to this semi coherent rambling. It is just total and utter wibble :roll:

If anyone sees me at work please feel free to take my picture. It might break your camera :lol:

I think there is a difference between being inadvertently featured in a picture while at work. For instance I have plenty of pictures with staff in them purely by chance, however I don’t think I would just thrust a camera towards someone working away and go click - seems very rude not to ask first!

However no one can make you delete your images without a court order so we have a bit of a quandary!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
However you do not have the authority to get the photo deleted. The only way that would happen is if you got a Court Order.
However no one can make you delete your images without a court order so we have a bit of a quandary!

But there is nothing stopping you suggesting that they to delete it voluntarily, since you are not happy with it. Probably won't happen of course, but you never know.

Garmoran

After a ScotRail guard took exception to me filming out the window of "his train" and told me it was illegal to use a camera on a train at all, I wrote to ScotRail about it. I was initially told to apply for a filming permit in advance on each occasion (which on my next outing would have involved payment of £1292.50 each

That would increase revenues dramatically on the Mallaig line if it was applied uniformly :lol:

The problem with photographs and videos nowadays is that they're so much more likely to appear on Facebook or Youtube or somewhere that the world can see it for ever more. I quite often get photographed or filmed in summer when going about simple agricultural tasks: I know the visitors are just trying to record an "interesting" aspect of their holiday, but I still don't like it. And as I would imagine that train crew stand a much higher chance of of figuring in someone's Facebook record of last Friday night, I sympathise with those who don't want to be photographed.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
But there is nothing stopping you suggesting that they to delete it voluntarily, since you are not happy with it. Probably won't happen of course, but you never know.

You can ask, but you would have to be careful to make it not sound like a threat, or imply that you have the authority to gain the deletion of the photo.

455driver

Veteran Member
You can ask, but you would have to be careful to make it not sound like a threat, or imply that you have the authority to gain the deletion of the photo.

I agree, something like-

"could you delete the picture you have just taken of me without my permission"

If you get a negative response you can always add-

"in that case you leave me no choice but to take your camera and shove it up your (ahem)".

or maybe not :lol:

Michael.Y

Established Member
Giggling teenagers who find the prospect of a 28-year old male pulling a trolley flogging tea and coffee so enticing they must record it for posterity on their MePhone? And then upload it to Failbook for their "friends" to "like" and comment on?

Give me strength. :-x

455driver

Veteran Member
maybe its the fact that you have a job and are working for a living they find so strange what with mummy and daddy providing everything they want/ need immediately.

BestWestern

Established Member
I think it's fair if you work in a highly visible, public facing role, to consider occasionally featuring in somebody's photograph or amateur video as something which should be taken 'on the chin', railways in particular attracting enthusiasts as they do. Obviously if somebody is doing this purely for the purpose of being provocative then one has the right to deal with that person in the same way you would anybody else being difficult or confrontational, but even then a video or photo in itself is not a crime, so far as I'm aware. I used to drive buses and have heard some pretty horrific tales of enthusiasts being sworn and shouted at, threatened or even assaulted for taking a photo of a bus which featured the driver. Put simply, if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear. If you don't want to be in the public eye, don't seek employment in a public facing job!

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
When I worked in a museum for awhile, there was a 'no photography' policy in the main exhibit but the consensus amongst the staff and volunteers was that if people were taking photos of one another, or their group, then a blind eye was turned. Deleting photographs - even with myself or others in, was never requested. To this end, my picture must have ended up in loads of school and group newsletters, and probably on loads of Facebook pages too. As I don't know where, or if it has happened I don't let it bother me.

If I see someone with a camera when I'm out and about, I try to keep out of their shot - which people are often grateful for in my experience. When you live in a city like Lincoln, you get used to tourists taking snaps of anything and everything :lol:

lincolnshire

:roll: I cant even be bothered to respond to this semi coherent rambling. It is just total and utter wibble :roll:

If anyone sees me at work please feel free to take my picture. It might break your camera :lol:

I think there is a difference between being inadvertently featured in a picture while at work. For instance I have plenty of pictures with staff in them purely by chance, however I don’t think I would just thrust a camera towards someone working away and go click - seems very rude not to ask first!

When you have had a few years experience in life then you will know what I am talking about, some people may think that your comments are as you say total and utter wibble .

OuterDistant

Given that almost everything has a camera in it these days, "unwanted photgraphy" isn't going to go away*. I probably wouldn't like having my picture taken at work either, but that's just how it is these days.

*unless the government comes up with some regulation, where electronic devices not primarily for use as a camera have to go to a special factory and have the lens smashed with a toffee hammer

Status
Not open for further replies.