• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pigeons in trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian G

Established Member
Do you ever get pigeons boarding your trains?
I had the experience of being (measures ruler) 65cm away from one
I was quite surprised to see that fellow in my train :o
I was thinking of running after it ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
There was once a dog who boarded a train, and it was the correct train for him to get home, and on top of that he got off at the right stop.... good story that was, on a first scotrail 158 iirc.

ChrisM

No,but once got stung by a bee on a Slammer between Brockenhurst and Bournemouth.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I've seen a pigeon on a train before at Cardiff
normal_2005_1112Cardiff0001.JPG

Dennis

Established Member
I've seen pigeons getting on District line trains before at Richmond and at Kensington Olympia where they seem to enjoy rummaging through all the detritus - never seen them actually take a ride though, guess they think it's quicker to fly than wait for the underground :) .

BTW, isn't that a seagull on the Pacer?

will

HSTfan!!! said:
There was once a dog who boarded a train, and it was the correct train for him to get home, and on top of that he got off at the right stop.... good story that was, on a first scotrail 158 iirc.

I remember hearing that too!

Not quite on topic but I did once see a budgie being taken on holiday to Penzance by an elderly couple. I did a bit of a double take as it looked like something out of the 1950s!

H

HR2

Pigeons regularly used to hop on trains at Edgware Road [Circle] and ride round to Paddington. I once changed ends and fouind one in my cab sitting on the destination plate box. He'd flown in through the open cab door window. Did not seem to be bothered by my presence and sat there quite happily cooing until we got to Paddington then he departed the way he had come.

It seems they had learned that there were rich pickings to be had at Paddington mail line concourse with discarded peanuts and crisps and stuff. Edgware Road was where the roost was.

devon_metro

Established Member
I've seen seagulls on top of trains (damn things) and then get a fright when it starts moving <D

RJ

Established Member
Birds like to sit on top of buses in Barbados :)

I see pigeons walking on a 3rd rail and occasionally in a Dellner!

Mintona

Established Member
I saw the dog on the FSR 158 as well, the owner was photting a steamer or something wasn't he? Heartwarming!

Status
Not open for further replies.