• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pix of London Underground & SWT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

455driver

Veteran Member
Do you ever post anything which isnt an advert for your photographs or your love of HS2?

455driver

Veteran Member
Why is it any of your business?

because all he does is open new threads linking to his latest photo job and disappear into the ether. Why he feels the need to open a new thread each time rather than just update his last one is lost on me as well!

This is a forum for discussing the railway, just posting saying "look at my photos so I can get paid" isnt really a discussion is it!

swj99

just posting saying "look at my photos so I can get paid" isnt really a discussion is it!
I think the pictures I've seen are very good. Many of them appear to have been taken from quite interesting and unique perspectives. Anyone with a camera can take a picture, but only a small number of people actually take decent ones like these.
If you don't like it, that's not a problem, I don't think anyone's saying you have to. I certainly don't have a problem with them being posted here. Does he get paid for every time someone clicks on a picture ? I'm not sure how that works.

desmo

Im always quite envious of the guy that he can spend his life photographing railways all over the world!
Its amazing how he finds different views of things youve never noticed before (such as station detailing).

Searle

Established Member
because all he does is open new threads linking to his latest photo job and disappear into the ether. Why he feels the need to open a new thread each time rather than just update his last one is lost on me as well!

This is a forum for discussing the railway, just posting saying "look at my photos so I can get paid" isnt really a discussion is it!

Still doesn't make it any of your business really. It's his way of wanting to do it, just let him do it that way then!

GB

Established Member
It doesn't matter who's business it is or isnt. 455driver is entitled to post his opinion just as much as Snapper is entitled to create a new thread.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Oh no! not more snaps taken on station platforms of nothing remotely interesting.:sad:

Conversely I prefer this kind of photography - for me there aren't enough photos of everyday railway infrastructure, scenes and operations in this country; whereas there are thousands of boring locos and steam engines ;)

Lrd

Established Member
I like these pictures and look at them whenever I'm in the mood to but I agree that they don't deserve a new thread each time, just one thread that gets updated is more than enough.

455driver

Veteran Member
I like these pictures and look at them whenever I'm in the mood to but I agree that they don't deserve a new thread each time, just one thread that gets updated is more than enough.

Thank you Lewis, the cheque is in the post! ;)

Shrub Hill

If you don't like it just don't click on the thread! Some of us like seeing the ordinary! The railways are diverse enough for us all to indulge our preferences!

Snapper

Established Member
You do have to wonder why something I've been doing for donkey's years (that the sites Mods have never even mentioned as a problem) becomes an 'issue' with just one or two people all of a sudden..

Status
Not open for further replies.