• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

PKP tenders for Double Decker InterCity Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

James James

Push-Pull (not EMU) - that really sounds like a deal for Pesa (although I suppose Skoda or Bombardier could also bid).

Interesting that they're not asking for EMU's, but that would really restrict it to Stadler and Bombardier. (That would e.g. allow for the flexibility of having a mixed single/double deck with Flirt+Kiss - OTOH push-pull lets you attach single deck carriages for peak services.)

Richard Scott

Established Member
| assume new locos part of the deal? Shame, would like to have seen push pull EP07s!!!!

Richard Scott

Established Member
They're already taking delivery of 30 new locos from Newag.
Thanks for that. Probably nail in the coffin of the EP07s then? I know there's lots of them but surely new units and this stock will see them off?

James James

Thanks for that. Probably nail in the coffin of the EP07s then? I know there's lots of them but surely new units and this stock will see them off?
There's bidding to upgrade EP07's to 160km/h they'll be around for a while I think - although it's unclear whether anyone will actually bid:

Stephen Lee

On Moderation
Push-Pull (not EMU) - that really sounds like a deal for Pesa (although I suppose Skoda or Bombardier could also bid).

Interesting that they're not asking for EMU's, but that would really restrict it to Stadler and Bombardier. (That would e.g. allow for the flexibility of having a mixed single/double deck with Flirt+Kiss - OTOH push-pull lets you attach single deck carriages for peak services.)
should PKPIC order Stadler Girunos EC250 to supplement their Pendolino Fleet for EIP services?

F Great Eastern

Established Member
Push-Pull (not EMU) - that really sounds like a deal for Pesa (although I suppose Skoda or Bombardier could also bid)

PESA is now owned by the Polish Government and is need of some work as well...

Shame if they do get it, those PESA Darts that PKP have are horrible things.

Status
Not open for further replies.