• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Places like Toton Sidings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheelsy

Hi, this is my first post, so I hope I've put it in the right place. My three year old son is train mad and really enjoyed a recent trip to look at the trains at Toton Sidings. We live just outside Mansfield so Toton was about 20 minutes down the M1. I'm just wondering if there is anywhere else similar to Toton that he might enjoy visiting that's within a reasonable distance of us? Thanks in advance, Rich.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Welcome to the Forum!
Trainspots might give you some ideas - particularly if moving trains are what you want.
If your son's attention span wouldn't cope with too long a wait, then your nearest large railway facilities (sidings not just stations) are Doncaster and Derby, but I don't know either well enough to suggest where to stand safely, especially in present circumstances. Googlemaps might help?

Status
Not open for further replies.