• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Places to stay in central Bury ( Gr Manchester)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntanswell

Hi,

I am travelling up to Bury in 2 weeks time for the September diesel gala 2nd & 3rd and intend to do both days, and i am looking for a reasonable quality establishment with twin rooms (separate beds) in walking proximity to Bury Bolton street station. I can't find any info on the net, so i am hoping one of Railuk's seasoned diesel bashers will guide me? I am aware of hotels in Manchester but wish to avoid the 25 minute tram journey so i can get the most traction for my money.

Nathan

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
Who in the right mind would want to stay in Bury?! ;)

My Uncle stayed in a cheap B&B a while ago and said it was pretty good and so was the price. I'll ask him if I get chance before after I've been to GCR 4-CIG Weekend tomorrow*.

*Harmless Advertising. ;)

Gareth Hale

Chaz said:
Who in the right mind would want to stay in Bury?! ;)

My Uncle stayed in a cheap B&B a while ago and said it was pretty good and so was the price. I'll ask him if I get chance before after I've been to GCR 4-CIG Weekend tomorrow*.

*Harmless Advertising. ;)

I don't know bury but if you are willing to travel to Burnley, there is a good hotel called 'Sparrow Hawk', pretty reasonable and right outside the bus stop for the X43.

Craig

Established Member
I few people I know sometimes stay at a Travelodge just outside Bury on the M66. Although I've just checked your dates and there are no saver (£26) rooms available then.

Craig

Established Member
Liam said:
Do Travellodge not do CDRs?
Nah, they just do Saver (£26) and Super Saver (£15) rooms which I've used on occasions and can confirm that they are pretty hellfire :p

Coxster

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
I don't know bury but if you are willing to travel to Burnley, there is a good hotel called 'Sparrow Hawk', pretty reasonable and right outside the bus stop for the X43.
:roll:

David

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
Just 1 problem there Gareth, it takes long er to get from Burnley to Bury than it does from Manchester....

Gareth Hale

60006 Scunthorpe Ironmaster said:
Just 1 problem there Gareth, it takes long er to get from Burnley to Bury than it does from Manchester....

Bury to Burnley takes about 15 minutes in the car. Burnley to Manchester takes about 30 mins....

Jim

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
I think Gareth might have stayed there, so look out incase he comes again ;)

Craig

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
Bury to Burnley takes about 15 minutes in the car. Burnley to Manchester takes about 30 mins....
Completely missing the point, as usual...

Gareth Hale

Jim said:
I think Gareth might have stayed there, so look out incase he comes again ;)
I lived in Burnley for 13 years of my life (and I was born there to), I have been to the Sparrow Hawk so many times, mainly because my Uncle used to be the manager till recently but he decided to get a new job, I know that town off the back of my hand. And when I was in the UK last time, I stayed in a hotel on Queen Victoria Road, pretty nice hotel, free internet access also! Shame I did not have a travel adapter with me.

Guinness

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
I lived in Burnley for 13 years of my life (and I was born there to), I have been to the Sparrow Hawk so many times, mainly because my Uncle used to be the manager till recently but he decided to get a new job, I know that town off the back of my hand. And when I was in the UK last time, I stayed in a hotel on Queen Victoria Road, pretty nice hotel, free internet access also! Shame I did not have a travel adapter with me.

I know my local town by the back of my hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.