• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Plane Bashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I quite liked Flybe actually, nice atmosphere on board and since it was only half full at most there was lots of room for everyone. Noticed they fly all over the place according to the map in the onboard magazine, going to have to give them a go again asap.

I don't mind Ryanair's B738s, although as usual I was amazed how many people didn't pay attention to the safety demo. No matter how often I fly I listen to it, only a couple of minutes after all!

When you say sectors, you mean routes or am I confused?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Butts

Veteran Member
Flew from EDB to GVA on Friday 15th March for The Motorshow returning on Saturday 16th March GVA to EDB.

Both flights on Easyjet Airbus.

Had paid for an exit seat which includes speedy boarding which at £8 per sector is not that bad. Now Easyjet have allocated seating it is not strictly necessary to pay any fee , but as I had my son with me I wanted to ensure we were seated together. An ordinary seat in advance would have been £3 or front row £15.

As I'd only paid about £50 each return to Geneva I didn't begrudge another £8:p for an exit seat.

The SB did work at EDB boarded before anyone else , and GVA although bussed to Aircraft a cordoned off section on first bus for SB and our door opened first and on it's own on arrival at the aircraft.

Flying time just under 2hrs each way.

Strange after a visit to Switzerland the price of onboard catering seems dirt cheap. :lol:

flymo

Established Member
Travelled on Emirates HKG-DXB-LHR on Friday/Saturday and it was just one of those journeys. Firstly the incoming flight to HKG from DXB was delayed by around 6 hours so eventually left HKG about 4 hours late. This of course made me miss my connection in DXB for LHR so they rebooked me onto EK1 instead of EK7. The result was a 5 hour later arrival than planned arrival into LHR.

2 x A380 to chalk off, A6-EDH on EK383 and A6-EDV on EK1.

I cannot believe I will say this but I was actually impressed with LHR and the time it took from getting to the stand to leaving with my bag, around 25 minutes. This includes waiting 10 mins to deplane the A380, walking to and going through border control and getting to the baggage belt where the bag was already there. Un-be-flipping-lieveable. Bet that never happens again. :D

Tube to KX from there then 14:30 departure to Newcastle. Hardly loaded in coach F where I was, no more than about 20 people. Glad I got a flexible ticket this time too Super Off Peak Single at £60.50. Could just have made the 14:00 as got my tickets from the machine at about 13:55 but wasn't in any mood to rush.

Flights EK4 (A380) and EK380 (B77W) on the way back, hope they are running OK. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.