• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Planespotting from Brum International

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasLunatic

Good evening.

It has transpired that I am being dragged up to the Midlands over the weekend (leaving Friday, returning Wednesday) to see family relations. I have managed to wrangle a day off for myself (most likely Saturday or Tuesday) , and I'd like to do some planespotting from Birmingham International.

1) Can you use VTWC services with a Daytripper ticket (I'll be based near Wolverhampton, and this is the fastest train there.
2) Can you actually see the planes land and take off from the platforms?
3) If not, is it possible to see both trains and planes from somewhere nearby?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
There's a viewing area near one of the carparks at the airport, also Sheldon Country Park (easily accessed from Marston Green) is brilliant. Binoculars are needed for noting registrations mind.

You won't see jack squat from the platforms at International I'm afraid!

And yes, you can use all trains on a Daytripper

Dhassell

Sheldon Country Park is a great spot! If you want to Phot planes you need to get a long way back because otherwise all you see is the under belly!

Shaw S Hunter

Established Member
The best place to see trains and planes is Marston Green station, though your success will depend on which direction the runway is being operated.

Status
Not open for further replies.