• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

planning process for either a Track Construction activity or a S&C Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaykelso

could someone tell me what is the planning process for either a Track Construction activity or a S&C Construction activity of each of these
  • Strategic planning process for engineering possessions
  • Planning of engineer’s trains and on track plant
  • Ordering and supply of materials
  • Manpower requirements
  • Road rail machines requirements
  • Possession arrangements
  • Hand over arrangement from maintainer to constructor
  • Engineers train and on track machine detailed plans
  • Ballast treatment (as appropriate)
  • Interface with other engineering functions
  • Isolation of Traction Supply (as appropriate)
  • Work Activity Plan (Gantt Chart)
  • Plain line Track Renewals
  • S&C Layout (detailing options for S&C build up methodology)
  • Risk Assessment
  • Disposal of waste materials
  • Opening of track to operational services

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

civ-eng-jim

Hi jaykelso,

I had started writing a comprehensive response from a track designer's perspective, having worked on numerous S&C renewals schemes - But it seems the draft didn't save!

I'll get back to you later this week with a few thoughts. Others can chip in too as numerous different teams and lots of man-hours goes into the planning and design for a renewal. (Might be why nobody's responded as there's no short answer)

zwk500

Veteran Member
This question seems to come up quite regularly:

I'm sure there is one thread that got the answer. I can't find it searching either the forums or google though. Maybe the mods could help dig it out and pin it?

jaykelso

Hi jaykelso,

I had started writing a comprehensive response from a track designer's perspective, having worked on numerous S&C renewals schemes - But it seems the draft didn't save!

I'll get back to you later this week with a few thoughts. Others can chip in too as numerous different teams and lots of man-hours goes into the planning and design for a renewal. (Might be why nobody's responded as there's no short answer)
that would be great thanks. struggling to find some research on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.