• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Planning season ticket to canary wharf

Status
Not open for further replies.

solbliss34

Hello,

I will be working in Canary Wharf for 2 months over the summer, and travelling from Southend on the c2c line.

I am confused as to how to actually buy a ticket to Canary Wharf as I am aware that it is not a station option on national rail.

What sort of season ticket should I buy and will I need a separate ticket to Canary Wharf?

Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
If you buy a Southend Central to London Travelcard Zones 2 to 6 ticket that will cover you for using C2C to West Ham or Limehouse, then the Jubilee Line or DLR to Canary Wharf. That is £347.20 for a month. It is valid on all London buses, but does not include train or underground in Zone 1.

If you are entitled to a 16-25 railcard, then a daily return ticket should only be £11.95 (in July & August peak times, and all offpeak times: £12 in other peak times): this would be valid for a simple return journey not going via Zone 1 - it would not operate as a travelcard. This is likely to work out cheaper than a monthly travelcard if you are only travelling 5 days per week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.