• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Plans for Easter 1/2 term

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

i might pop over to skegness just for something to do;) or go up to blackpool and get some tram pictures:rolleyes:

Coxster

Established Member
That is...? I have to make the most of this weekend with my two-week pass on sWT which allows me anywhere on their network. anyone up for a trip to Exeter this weekend? ;)

Jonno2055

Well because i'm 'soecial' I going on a one day course for intence revision for my english exams, but i would rather go to exeter. :lol:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
1/2 term doesn't exist for me, but plans exist along the lines of going to Minehead this weekend (Friday to Monday to be precise). And before anyone asks, no, I am not going to Pizza Hut. Unless my axe fits into my bag...:lol:

Other than that, no plans. Might do some bus bashing when I'm down there, will see what happens. Hoping for some new Voyager bashes and my last photos of Wessex Trains units in their current colours before Barbie-ised.

jdjonnay

I plan to get wasted as long as I'm not working more dammed overtime.

I also aim not to loose either of my sets of keys this time either. Or to end up being caught by the old bill sat in a crane cab (don't ask
rolleyes.gif
)

The Snap

Established Member
I'll be going to the East lancs in the half term, as there are mid-week running timetables from April to October. :)

devon_metro

Established Member
I have a few things planned... Which would include a trip to Dawlish, Trip to Newton to see the last day of Wessex Running, First day of P&DSR this year, also planning to get some new locations on the P&DSR. Also watchin g the changind face of trains and stations during First-isation from Paignton > Torquay

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Spending alot of time with my girlfriend :)

oh and maybe get *some* college work done :roll:

Mushroom

Im going to try to get to the ELR if I can. And possibly (if i got enough cash after the Metrolink fare to Bury that is) go up to newcastle for a day on the Metro.
At least my ICT coursework should be kinda out the way, leaving room for that wonderful AS level revision!!

Established Member
Before for The slash thinks ive died in a car crash again , to let you all know im going away for two weeks to my dads, i might be able to get on herre.

T

Tom

Err...
Saturday 1st - Swanage
Tuesday 4th - London
Thursday 6th - Lymington / IoW

Julian G

Established Member
Julian G said:
I plan to see 9I40 and that's that
Updating My plans for 1/2 term
I plan to see my pets 319
Record the Tottenham Hale announcer
Take a photo of a Eurostar passing Vauxhall (fit all the 20coaches in one photo)

Do the following journeys-
KXTL-Luton Airport Parkway FC
SN319 to Epsom Downs
SX317/7 to "Stansted Airport service calling at Bishop Stortford and Stansted Airport.........Bishop Stortford and Stansted Airport"
Go on a 90 from Stratford

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Oh, half term ain't here yet? Must be a s**t load of truants around the country yesterday and today then, the amount I saw around. Filling up all of the trains, the HST on Friday was packed full in SC, the Voyager up yesterday was full and had us standing in 60703 of 220003 (on a Plymouth/Penzance to Glasgow Central via the WCML service, DREADFUL fleet utilisation!) from 1251 (booked time of departure from Taunton) to 1327 (when we eventually landed in BTM), 36 minutes! All of SC saw people standing up on that Voyager, which is insanely annoying!

Plans for half-term here now will involve completely nothing interesting, except perhaps finding out times of freight in Hereford so I know when to go for it, rather than the hit and miss way I do it now, although scoring 66552 on Monday was an excellent way to end the trip, nice and unexpected bonus! Hoping the new job offer I got turns out positively for me, otherwise I daresay I'll simply be on the forums and looking for new jobs still. It's three months on Saturday since I last worked, 2 if you count the ballast shovelling at Coventry!

Tom B

Established Member
Lots of schools were closed today due to industrial action. Only the beancounters and labtechs walked out here though :(.

T

Tom

Julian G said:
Updating My plans for 1/2 term
I plan to see my pets 319
Record the Tottenham Hale announcer
Take a photo of a Eurostar passing Vauxhall (fit all the 20coaches in one photo)

Do the following journeys-
KXTL-Luton Airport Parkway FC
SN319 to Epsom Downs
SX317/7 to "Stansted Airport service calling at Bishop Stortford and Stansted Airport.........Bishop Stortford and Stansted Airport"
Go on a 90 from Stratford
Since when did Skodas call at Stratford..

Techniquest

Veteran Member
joea1, that means I have to wait until shops near here actually sell Freightmaster and more so the current one, which is near impossible to find around here! I'd do the online one, but that's prohibitively expensive for me. Plus it's not too useful having an online Freightmaster subscription when you're at the lineside or otherwise out and about and you need to check the times or other details of a freight movement.

Nah, I'll find some other way to get freight times for Hereford.

Jim

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
Err...
Saturday 1st - Swanage
Tuesday 4th - London
Thursday 6th - Lymington / IoW

What you up to in London then?

Ascot

Established Member
Going Holyhead (again)
GOing Chesterfield to see sum mates
Going Valley to see some Aircraft
Going on official work placement with Central Trains.
Chilling and going up Stafford to see me gal.:D

RJ

Established Member
WSXFan said:
joea1, that means I have to wait until shops near here actually sell Freightmaster and more so the current one, which is near impossible to find around here! I'd do the online one, but that's prohibitively expensive for me. Plus it's not too useful having an online Freightmaster subscription when you're at the lineside or otherwise out and about and you need to check the times or other details of a freight movement.

Nah, I'll find some other way to get freight times for Hereford.

Get a nice Nokia mobile and you can check online while you're on the move! Also, online is updated regularly. I don't think FM is sold in shops :(

P.S You get a lot of 60s don't you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.