• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Platform edge removed Barlaston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Forgot to post this a few weeks ago but now i've remembered, I noted that the platform edge stones have gone on the used part of Barleston on the Stafford bound platform and the signs at both Barleston and Norton Bridge have also been removed since previous journeys passing through.

Have they been closed offically on the quiet?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossover

Established Member
I think the Barlaston platform edges have been removed for about a year (if not entirely, I am pretty sure the edge stones had been lifted and were sat in the middle of the platform by around this time last year)

I guess they were unsafe and it was deemed better to remove them to avoid them hitting a passing service

chefchenko

Forgot to post this a few weeks ago but now i've remembered, I noted that the platform edge stones have gone on the used part of Barleston on the Stafford bound platform and the signs at both Barleston and Norton Bridge have also been removed since previous journeys passing through.

Have they been closed offically on the quiet?

been gone for quite a while i think,certainly at barlaston :cry:.
shame,i used to go norton bridge a lot :(

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
When I visited in March this year the edging stones were missing, but all the signs were present. I half wished I had taken a set of croppers as the Wedgwood and Barlaston ones were easy to have away with.

Pictures from March HERE.

MK Tom

Established Member
Can we get a mod to change the title to read 'Barlaston'?

Weird to think this could have happened to Stone if the new LM service hadn't happened. Bit odd to be desecrating these stations when the southbound platform at Polesworth has brand new signs on it.

miikey

It night not be a complete closure. Speaking from maitenance side the coping stones may have been removed becuase the clearance between the platform and the train may have been too tight and the easiest way to remedy this is to remove or cut back the coping stones rather than mess around with the track allignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.