• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Platform extensions at TLH, PAN, GOR, CHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChewChewTrain

Work to extend the platforms at Tilehurst, Pangbourne, Goring and Cholsey (from 7 to 8 cars) seems, to my untrained eye, to have been completed for weeks now. Yet SDO is still used in 8-car trains, and the trains still stop where they used to, and so sometimes there is still no platform next to the 8th car's doors.

Is this just awaiting some kind of safety inspection and sign-off, which presumably will be done simultaneously at all four stations? Anyone know when the big day is likely to be? Or is there some engineering issue I haven't spotted which is preventing proper completion?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

59CosG95

Established Member
The extensions at Didcot aren't yet complete AFAIK; it seems likely to me that GWR/NR want to sign the whole package off for 8-car/12-car (in Didcot's case) operation in one fell swoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.