• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Platform staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick66

Living in South London and with the nearest station to my office on the Central Line, I tend to travel via London Bridge in the morning and Victoria in the evening. I often wonder about the platform staff in the peak hours, endlessly repeating the same text and generally having what must be a monotonous, difficult and responsible job. I am sure there are a lot of "characters" on there but two I come across regularly with a sense of humour stand out for me. At London Bridge Northern Line northbound in the morning, always a friendly voice on my way to work and at Oxford Circus Victoria Line southbound in the evening, a bit of a comedian who always manages to get a smile from people who are basically just bothered about getting home. Anyone know who they are or have any other examples from other stations?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bramling

Veteran Member
Living in South London and with the nearest station to my office on the Central Line, I tend to travel via London Bridge in the morning and Victoria in the evening. I often wonder about the platform staff in the peak hours, endlessly repeating the same text and generally having what must be a monotonous, difficult and responsible job. I am sure there are a lot of "characters" on there but two I come across regularly with a sense of humour stand out for me. At London Bridge Northern Line northbound in the morning, always a friendly voice on my way to work and at Oxford Circus Victoria Line southbound in the evening, a bit of a comedian who always manages to get a smile from people who are basically just bothered about getting home. Anyone know who they are or have any other examples from other stations?

There was a gentleman at Chancery Lane who was very good, got quite into it with hand gestures and other actions. I think he may still be there.

You can tell a good SATS as drivers will give them a quick whistle on departure in appreciation.

Status
Not open for further replies.