• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Platform Ticket for Bedford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cundy66

I'm wanting to take my little boy to look at the now Thameslink trains just found my book so wanting to mark a few off myself. Do bedford station do platform tickets and anyone know the cost?

Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

andythebrave

Whenever I've seen someone off there I've just asked to be let through and never had any issues. There may well be such a thing as a platform ticket but I've never needed one.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Some stations do not require you to purchase a platform ticket if you explain to the staff what you intended to do. They may require you to sign in instead.

Where platform tickets are sold, they cost 10p and are valid for 60 minutes.

Cundy66

Whenever I've seen someone off there I've just asked to be let through and never had any issues. There may well be such a thing as a platform ticket but I've never needed one.

Thanks, I'll go down after rush hour with him get him started early ;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Some stations do not require you to purchase a platform ticket if you explain to the staff what you intended to do. They may require you to sign in instead.

Where platform tickets are sold, they cost 10p and are valid for 60 minutes.

Cheers may do two trips with him depending on weather need to get these gaps filled.

RJ

Established Member
It's not a compulsory ticket area, so you don't need a platform ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.