• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pleg Central Rivers charters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

These were a great success and about £3000 was raised for Macmillian Cancer. Locos featured were 08943 & 57308 running 'top & tail' with 221144.

The 1100 & 1400 main trips were fully booked, while the 1245 shorter trip had very few seats left.

My trip was the 1400. For the 1st hour & abit, it covered all outside roads in the yard except 1. Then the last bit saw the locos were removed & the 221 worked the last bit on its own, its been fitted with a compressor to allow it to do so.

A very good day.

Big thanks all involved: Pleg, Virgin Trains, CrossCountry, Bombardier, HNRC & all the voulenteers that gave up their time to allow it to run.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

noddy1878

Established Member
I was there as well and was great to raise £3k. The 57 was not required for haulage but the 08 was. The additional bonus for me was 221144 moving under its own power as i didn't have it for haulage before it got disbanded! And my final 221 for sight was outside the depot too!

Great day. Some photos here

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I was there, and one of the four who paid up the extra £20 to ride in the locos (08 first 45 min, 57 for about 15, then the 57 end of the 221 for the remiander). Good day out and well done all for the cause and money raised, and here's to many more in the future!

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
Thanks to Charlie Hume for this info & permission to publish http://www.nwrail.org.uk/nwnews.htm

The pair of spare Virgin Trains Class 221 driving coaches, recently seen in Crewe station in use for staff training, returned to Central Rivers depot for an event organised by the Preserved Locomotives Enthusiasts Group on 11 June, in which the two vehicles, which cannot work alone die to lake of brake compressors, were used with loco 57 308 and 08 943 to transport enthusiasts over the various tracks within the depot. The PLEG website has a detailed report on this fascinating occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.