• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Plus Bus - BRFARES

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakerstreet

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
You need to search for a station which is inside the PlusBus validity area. For example to find the Brighton B&H Plus Bus fares you could enter Brighton.

_toommm_

Established Member
The PlusBus tickets are issued from the station in the name of the PlusBus zone, so for Brighton you need the following combo:

Southampton is as follows:

bakerstreet

You need to search for a station which is inside the PlusBus validity area. For example to find the Brighton B&H Plus Bus fares you could enter Brighton.
Ah thank you - ie the opposite of what you do on a bookings site. But I understand why. This makes perfect sense. Thank you

The PlusBus tickets are issued from the station in the name of the PlusBus zone, so for Brighton you need the following combo:

Southampton is as follows:

Thank you

James H

The Plusbus website itself is pretty good for just looking up prices and validity

Wallsendmag

Established Member
It used to be a nightmare to find them. If a flow was fully priced EG Durham to Newcastle Plus Bus or whether you needed the Newcastle to Newcastle Plus Bus. Eventually it standardised on the latter.

kieron

Established Member
plusbus.info isn't so good at telling you which stations you can buy Plusbus tickets for, though. It doesn't mention stations such as Christchurch and Falmer, for example. The big list of destinations on brfares.com includes Plusbus, but they're scattered amongst the other destinations.

kieron

Established Member
That’s because there are no PlusBus fares for those stations. Not all stations that sit within a PlusBus zone have an associated PlusBus fare.
That's a theory, I suppose. As the tickets have been around since at least 2013, I think the problem lies elsewhere. Perhaps someone will have a look at the quality of the data now Traveline has taken over.

Haywain

Veteran Member
That's a theory, I suppose. As the tickets have been around since at least 2013, I think the problem lies elsewhere. Perhaps someone will have a look at the quality of the data now Traveline has taken over.
It’s not a theory, it’s a fact. If you look on the PlusBus maps on their website you will see that the stations are indicated differently to help highlight this.

Status
Not open for further replies.