• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

PlusBUS at Birmingham New Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic2009

Established Member
When trying to purchase a Birmingham Stations Plus, having travelled from London Euston on my 3 Month Virgin 1st Class Pass ( won in a celebration day at London Euston before Christmas).

I was told i was not allowed the buy PlusBus with this ticket, because it is free. (my pass that is). I argued and said that i had won it, not just purely been given a Pass to travel on Virgin for free, so i asked the window clerk to check with her supervisor which she did, and they agreed to issue for this time but would be checking with the management as to what the rules are.

Is this correct? or am i likely to face more problems with this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GadgetMan

I doubt there is a rule relating to a 'free pass'. Therefore I would say there probably isn't a rule to say you can't have one. Similarly there won't be a rule to say you can.

The closest rule that they may try and apply is your pass must state it is to a destination in the plusbus area.

Out of interest; does anyone know if a plusbus would be sold with a All Line Rover?

button_boxer

Established Member
Is there an origin and destination on your pass? All the guidelines talk about issuing a PlusBus for the origin or destination on the ticket i.e. I couldn't get a PlusBus for Birmingham with a ticket from, say, Bristol to Derby even though the rail ticket is valid via Birmingham (and valid for break of journey - for the sake of argument let's say it's the return half of an off-peak return).

causton

Established Member
Is there an origin and destination on your pass? All the guidelines talk about issuing a PlusBus for the origin or destination on the ticket i.e. I couldn't get a PlusBus for Birmingham with a ticket from, say, Bristol to Derby even though the rail ticket is valid via Birmingham (and valid for break of journey - for the sake of argument let's say it's the return half of an off-peak return).

I won't mention where I bought a Bristol TM PlusBus from on a London - Severn Beach ticket then ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.