• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Plusbus Not Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.

themeone

I was booking a ticket online today using southwesternrailway.com (Southampton - East Croydon return) but no Southampton Plusbus tickets were offered. I'll be travelling on 30 January 2020. Can anyone say why this is, as they've always been offered before.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David M

As mentioned in another thread, I bought tickets for my son from Aberdeen to Edinburgh and back on 16/12 and 6/1 and PlusBus wasn't offered for either city. Used Chiltern Railways site due to Quidco cashback. Can he still go to Aberdeen station and upgrade to PlusBus for both legs?

_toommm_

Established Member
As mentioned in another thread, I bought tickets for my son from Aberdeen to Edinburgh and back on 16/12 and 6/1 and PlusBus wasn't offered for either city. Used Chiltern Railways site due to Quidco cashback. Can he still go to Aberdeen station and upgrade to PlusBus for both legs?

He can. Make sure he brings his railcard aswell if he has one. Of course, make sure any barriers don't swallow the tickets as you'll need to show those in order to be eligible to buy the PlusBus tickets.

tom73

Go to you nearest station with a ticket office, show your Southampton ticket and ask for a Southampton PlusBus. £2.40 or £1.60 if you show a valid Railcard. You can buy one for the day you leave Southampton and for the day you arrive back (assuming the dates are different). I do it all the time at King's Cross for Leeds PlusBus because of difficulties on the LNER website applying a Nectar voucher when a PlusBus is included in the booking.

Haywain

Veteran Member
I do it all the time at King's Cross for Leeds PlusBus because of difficulties on the LNER website applying a Nectar voucher when a PlusBus is included in the booking.
This will be because the Nectar voucher is only valid to buy LNER tickets, and Plusbus cannot br included in that.

themeone

Go to you nearest station with a ticket office, show your Southampton ticket and ask for a Southampton PlusBus. £2.40 or £1.60 if you show a valid Railcard. You can buy one for the day you leave Southampton and for the day you arrive back (assuming the dates are different). I do it all the time at King's Cross for Leeds PlusBus because of difficulties on the LNER website applying a Nectar voucher when a PlusBus is included in the booking.
Thank you - already done. It just seemed strange that it wasn't offered online, when it always has been before.

Status
Not open for further replies.