• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

PlusBus ticket not available for every station within the zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miklcct

On Moderation
I'm testing out the booking system on SWR if I want to buy a PlusBus ticket. For example, if I try to buy a ticket to Holton Heath to Poole, there is an option to add a PlusBus ticket at Poole. However, if the journey becomes Holton Heath to Hamworthy / Parkstone, there is no such option despite these two stations are within the zone. Meanwhile, if the journey is totally within the zone (e.g. Poole to Parkstone), no PlusBus ticket is possible as well as stated from the terms and conditions.

In the Bournemouth PlusBus zone, I have checked Bournemouth, Branksome, Poole all offer an option to add a PlusBus ticket when travelling by train across the zone boundary, but not Hamworthy, Parkstone and Pokesdown.

Why don't all these stations have PlusBus ticket offered on SWR website? Is it an oversight? Can a PlusBus ticket can be bought at a ticket vending machine or at the station office if the train journey is from outside the zone to Hamworthy, Parkstone or Pokesdown? (e.g. a perfectly valid use case is to buy a ticket to Pokesdown, and make a bus connection to Boscombe; or buy a ticket to Parkstone and connect to Alderney)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
Plusbus is only available if your rail journey is to / from Poole or Bournemouth.

kieron

Established Member
The PlusBus site is incorrect here. The BCP Plusbus is available if you travel to Poole, Branksome, Bournemouth or Christchurch from outside the borough.

Sadly, PlusBus tickets tend only to be available from some of the stations in a zone.

Last edited:

WelshBluebird

Established Member
Why don't all these stations have PlusBus ticket offered on SWR website?
Because plusbus is only offered from some stations.
Just because other stations are in a zone, it doesn't mean you can get a plusbus ticket from that station.
Annoying I know - but that is the way the scheme is!
Sometimes it is worth buying a ticket to / from a slightly further away station just so you can get a plusbus ticket (as in some cases the discount on the usual bus fares is more than the extra paid to get the ticket).

Status
Not open for further replies.