• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

PlusBus Tickets

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
In my area, Teesside, the two main bus companies use different ticket machines. Arriva seem to have the type that could read the QR / Aztec style tickets whereas Stagecoach you would have to show the driver the ticket. I heard a rumour a while ago from an ex bus driver colleague that Stagecoach were going to upgrade their machines again to the newer types.
Stagecoach are retrofitting barcode scanners to their buses, which appear to connect into existing ticket machines.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bearhugger

Stagecoach are retrofitting barcode scanners to their buses, which appear to connect into existing ticket machines.
That makes more sense re the retrofitting, seeing as they haven't had the new machines for *that* long enough to warrant major investment in brand new machines. I generally use a weekly Megarider in the app, which shows a aztec barcode on the screen but just show the driver my screen at present.