• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Plymouth Route Demo Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

leezer3

Hiya guys,
Now at my site- V1.0.8.3 of the Plymouth Route demo :)
I've been focusing on major improvements to the bridge & viaduct textures as shown below:
bridge.jpg

Plymouth Station has had more details added:
plymouth_n.jpg

The bridge after Keyham has now been extended & rebuilt in full 3d, using the same style as the Royal Albert Bridge-
keyham_n.jpg

A few more screenies & the download as usual may be found at my site.

Cheers

Chris Lees

www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nitro

Looks very good, off to download now!
--- edited ---
I ve took it for a little spin and here's some constructive critisism.

1. The home signal at Plymouth never clears even when the signal after it does and its right above you so you have to SPAD it.

2. The signal after the Plymouth home signal is floating in mid-air.

3. I think that 60mph is abit too much for a speed limit. Either that or the curves are too sharp.

4. The 20mph PSR on the approach to stations comes abit of surprise so an AWB is needed.

Apart from that a very good effort and lovely drive!

devon_metro

Established Member
Nitro said:
Looks very good, off to download now!
--- edited ---
I ve took it for a little spin and here's some constructive critisism.

3. I think that 60mph is abit too much for 60mph a speed limit. Either that or the curves are too sharp.

I believe that is the line speed, i think it's down to routebuilder and the sharp curves...

The royal albert bridge is fantastic! Just like the real thing!

leezer3

The signal at Plymouth is never supposed to clear- It controls the central line, and has nothing to do with your line. (Perhaps it could be a little further out though :) )
The 60 is the linespeed in Plymouth, I believe that the linespeed after Saltash should actually be 125, but I have no firm data on this, so I've left it at 60. The only stations for which the PSR is probably wrong are St. Germans & Menheniot, but still :D
Yes, the curves are RB's fault! I am slowly dealing with things like that though.

Edit: Found the floating signal, definitely shouldn't be doing that :roll: I'll fix it later.

Cheers

Chris Lees

www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Nitro

leezer3 said:
The signal at Plymouth is never supposed to clear- It controls the central line, and has nothing to do with your line. (Perhaps it could be a little further out though :) )

Sorry I dont understand what you mean by 'the central line'. Theres only 1 line which I can see going out from Plymouth :-?

leezer3

There are three tracks between the platforms. You are running on the first track, the central track is normally used for goods trains waiting for the line ahead. The signal is controlling this track.
So:
============Track 1- This is your track.

============Track 2- This is what the signal is controlling

============Track 3- This is the track for the opposite platform.

Is that any clearer?

Chris Lees

www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.