• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ert47

Giugiaro:975190 said:
I'm just eager to see in what were the subway trains based from, if they were based on an american style, a japanese style or even on our Tube style!
I haven't seen the episodes yet, but if its anything like the game, it will be Japanese style (which are kinda american style in a way)

Not sure if this was posted yesterday (on phone atm, cant read everything), but apparently it was Mewtwo's birthday yesterday according to the books found in Cinnabar (Pokémon) Mansion.

Ivo

Established Member
As I've indicated in the Valentine thread, this week is Romance Week. As such, a few extra episodes relating to love are being aired, one of which is among the most amusing in the series - and features a highly amusing interchange of dialogue early on between Ash and Misty.

The episode in question is The Heartbreak of Brock. Listen for Ash saying a line that begins "Wow - imagine..."

Eeveevolve

Finally completed the elite 4 on White last night (Shows my enthusiasm here). Jeez the learning curve just got much higher in all the towns to the east of the map. Trainers seem to be level 60s and I pulled through the E4 with low 50s. Have I completely missed anything out at all?

Ivo

Established Member
Finally completed the elite 4 on White last night (Shows my enthusiasm here). Jeez the learning curve just got much higher in all the towns to the east of the map. Trainers seem to be level 60s and I pulled through the E4 with low 50s. Have I completely missed anything out at all?

Nope. Perfectly normal. That's how it works.

The second time I went through Black I did so with a team that had been traded over, giving them increased EXP - and even they hadn't cleared 60 after Ghetsis. I did make light work of Hydreigon though :p

Ivo

Established Member
Pokémon Black and White 2 announced!

Just under a year after the international release of Black and White, the traditional third version has been announced! But, in a departure from the usual method, a fourth version is also expected, with Black and White both receiveing a de facto sequel - starring a new Forme of the third member of the Tao Trio, Kyurem.

Not much else is known at this time, but with a Japanese release expected in June new information should be forthcoming before too long...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Extra: BW2 expected here in the Autumn...

Ivo

Established Member
Just thought I'd give this thread a nice ol' bump to let everyone know that the sequel versions of Black and White (B2W2) were released in Japan yesterday, and the differences are said to be massive - far more than those found in a traditional third version.

Here is some of the information that has been determined so far.

Ivo

Established Member
Anyone in the know will be fully aware of why I have brought this topic back - at 1100 our time yesterday, a rather important announcement was made!

What does everyone think of the new Gen VI material? Froakie looks brilliant in my opinion (hence my new temporary avatar :p), but I'm not so keen on the other two. The 3D element looks top-class as well, although am I the only one who feels a little nervous about the overworld apparently being based on France...?

Which game are you guys thinking of getting? X, Y, or both?

And to anyone who didn't know - sorry for the spoiler! Here's the video: http://www.ustream.tv/NintendoUK (content starts at about 15s)

I still play pokemon, espically on my samsung note where i have downloaded this free app called MyBoy free emulator and play on firered and emerald. However I used to own a nintendo DS and play on heartgold and diamond but i no longer do. Since the generation V games came out, i didn't particulary like it since the game was mainly all Gen V pokemon although you did see a pikachu in one of the cities in a bulding. My younger brother still has his DS so I can still play on his soulsilver, pearl and white.

ert47

It looks interesting, I'm just hoping the story won't be as short and blatantly linear as Colosseum.

I currently don't own a 3DS so not sure if I will get the games yet, but I'd probably get X.

SS4

Established Member
I wonder what the odds of a pokemon Z joining them in due course, thus completing the Cartesian representation of 3D ;)

Don't think I'll be getting this since I don't have a 3DS but hopefully it'll make B2/W2 cheaper. I'm still playing Emerald (albeit a randomized [sic?] version where I got a Charizard as a starter). I wanted to catch a pikachu and call it Ashley but one never turned up (can't catch Ash sadly so pika is the next best thing)

Eeveevolve

Turns out im subscribed to this thread.

Just one thing to say.

"Back in my day, pokemon games were named after colours!!"

Searle

Established Member
I wonder what the odds of a pokemon Z joining them in due course, thus completing the Cartesian representation of 3D ;)

Don't think I'll be getting this since I don't have a 3DS but hopefully it'll make B2/W2 cheaper. I'm still playing Emerald (albeit a randomized [sic?] version where I got a Charizard as a starter). I wanted to catch a pikachu and call it Ashley but one never turned up (can't catch Ash sadly so pika is the next best thing)

That was my immediate thought, I think there's pretty much guaranteed a Pokemon Z :P

Just need a 3DS now!

Trainfan344

Established Member
I chose the 3 of which I have the fondest memories, Working through my Leaf Green run through the first time after choosing Squirtle was one of my favourite run throughs, plus it was the first one I completed.

SS4

Established Member
I chose the 3 of which I have the fondest memories, Working through my Leaf Green run through the first time after choosing Squirtle was one of my favourite run throughs, plus it was the first one I completed.

No sunglasses?
squirtle_squad_by_asipro-d30860b.jpg

Has anyone attempted a Nuzlocke Run? Can't say I have myself, it just sounds frustrating :lol:

In FireRed though I picked Charmander because I evolved my eevee into vaporeon because without daylight I couldn't get an espeon :(

Trainfan344

Established Member
^My little brother's attempting one on Ruby, So far he's lost two pokemon and beaten the first gym

Ivo

Established Member
A lot of Internet sources are quoting a likely Z as well. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Meanwhile, the main legendaries have been named. The deer-like X is Xerneas and the bird-like Y is Yveltal. These are a rare - the first even? - instance of the English names being revealed before the Katakana (i.e. Japanese symbols) version.

Has anyone attempted a Nuzlocke Run? Can't say I have myself, it just sounds frustrating :lol:

I haven't tried a Nuzlocke Challenge, but I have tried other Challenges. I've done something like six linear teams (i.e. one-type), although never Flying when in theory that is probably the best one to do, and I've also gone through Diamond with just one Pokémon...

...resulting in my fastest ever Hall of Fame time on any game at 17 hours.

Last edited:

Trainfan344

Established Member
My little brother lost his nuzlocke run, he wiped out Against May on the way to Mauville

gnolife

Established Member
I'm currently attempting to beat Crystal using only a Chikorita in battle. I will have other Pokemon for knowing HMs, but in the first battle after me catching them, I will be having them faint. I chose Chikorita because I nearly always go for the fire type as my starter, so felt like a bit of a change.

Ivo

Established Member
:shock: That's ambitious to say the least...!

Anyone have any thoughts on Sylveon's type? I've seen a lot of rumours, some of which have a fair explanation, suggesting it will be Flying, although I have a hunch that it might actually be Steel (even if its colour is a bit odd for Steel).

Giugiaro

I've seen a lot of rumours, some of which have a fair explanation, suggesting it will be Flying, although I have a hunch that it might actually be Steel (even if its colour is a bit odd for Steel).

Yes, going though the logic of the "x-peon" names, Steel (Silver) seems to be the best candidate for this Eeveelution.

Mawile also looked like a grass type pokémon, yet it turned out to be Steel type exclusively.

Ivo

Established Member
Over the weekend I accidentally (and I mean, accidentally!) found the following videos on Dailymotion. These videos are somewhat legendary in Poké-dom. I shan't say what they are, but I promise you will like them! Both relate to Gen I, and the first if anything is one of the better videos relating to said Generation...

NOTE: I would suggest the second one is rated 12A ;)

Video One
Video Two

Just one thing that I should point out. When I watched these, attempting to pause the videos messed them up and necessitated a restart. Having said that, the same problem happened with the most recent episode of Top Gear, so it may be my laptop.

Don't suppose anyone has heard of pokemon Ash Grey? Its apparently a hacked version of pokemon firered on GBA but i think its only compatible on the computer. Is it compatible on a samsung galaxy note and has anyone played it?

gnolife

Established Member
Does that mean chikorita won't be evolving :o

Yup, its just going to stay as a plain old Chikorita :D

I'm going to be keeping the forum up to date with my progress in my signature, but so far, I'm doing pretty well for myself, 6 badges so far. I've got Geodude and Wooper as my HM move pokemon (because you can't go far wrong with a Pokemon thats always grinning :D)

Don't suppose anyone has heard of pokemon Ash Grey? Its apparently a hacked version of pokemon firered on GBA but i think its only compatible on the computer. Is it compatible on a samsung galaxy note and has anyone played it?

I've downloaded this last night and my god its amazing. i only got far as saffron city and have got pidegotto, squirtle, charmander, bulbasaur and pikachu in my team (i've released butterfree to go mating just like in the anime).

I've finished this over the weekend and you get go any further than you have released pidgeot (episode 83 i think in the anime) as the game not finished. the creator has seem to have taken a break from developing the game further

Last edited:

Ivo

Established Member
Yup, its just going to stay as a plain old Chikorita :D

I'm going to be keeping the forum up to date with my progress in my signature, but so far, I'm doing pretty well for myself, 6 badges so far.

How are things going? Still stuck on six or you got any further?

gnolife

Established Member
I've got 8 now, but haven't had access to my computer, so haven't been able to update the sig. I actually haven't had too much time to spare for it, because I've had other things on my plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.